Possible Explanation Behind the CH Redesign

Marssy did overreact. What the heck? Anyway, thanks for the link.

1 Like

Yes, I posted with the intent of seeing their response (and if they’d lock the thread, too).

Marcela’s / marssy’s reaction is rather telling.

(Also, while I was on CH I looked at the “trending” locations - at that time most were non-US - which was a bit surprising.)

From CH via ElsieDee
The new “Description” for the site reads:
“Chowhound allows food enthusiasts to discover the best recipes and resources for cooking, eating, growing and making food. Find tips, tricks, and support by connecting to a community of food contributors.”

Notice there is absolutely no mention of restaurants / restaurant reviews / restaurant recommendations? Instead, the site is being promoted as a resource for home cooks."

i just came across this post not sure what got deleted but the swift lock says you hit the nail on the head. Kudos.

1 Like

I’m amused by the swift locking - I actually thought it was a non-complaining post and said it made sense, from a business standpoint, as @chemicalkinetics pointed out.

As for what was deleted, I don’t know - by the time I went back it was locked.

Edited to add: one of the comments pointed out there is different meta text for different sections / areas of the site. What I was commenting on was just the main page / landing page. That meta text definitely intentionally omits references to restaurants.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain…

1 Like