Please, answer a short questionnaire about a useful kitchen gadget.

Same.
Marker pen and masking tape (always beige-ish).

To the OP: the answer is no to all 3 questions.

My memory is still good and I’m sensible. Besides, no more unnecessary gadgets!

1 Like

They’re two different things. Masking tape is harder to remove.

1 Like

Not in the UK. It’s always masking tape. I’ve just cross-checked that on the website of our main DIY Company (B & Q) and they do have masking tape in different colours . Which came as a surprise to me (and possibly to Presunto) as I’ve only ever know it to be beige-ish. Maybe the different coloured ones have different purposes - but as this is a food forum, I’m not that interested to find out :grinning:

Huh. Maybe your masking tape is easier to remove than ours. If I used masking tape on a painted surface, for instance, and then removed it, I risk taking some of the paint off along with the tape.

4 Likes

Yes

1 Like

You must be a Sharpie, because you’re Ultra Fine.

(I haven’t gotten to use that line in a long time.)

3 Likes

:laughing::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

You’re supposed to say, “Nuttin’ wrong with your eyes!” :joy:

1 Like

No x 3.

1 Like

Am I the only one that sees Ed Valenti on late night informercials saying “but wait! there’s more!” ?

2 Likes

Those ads were a hoot!

My answers for all 3 questions is NO.
But I always stick a piece of paper, usually a supermarket bill, with essential things to take when I go out, on the door handle. These days hand sanitizer and facemask top the list, but money, wallet, a bill to be paid, a pen, or anything I must not leave at home is written in it. And as I open the door, I see it, and I read it.
Usually I keep that piece of paper hanging on the door handle, and as I remember something I write on it. It has saved my time a lot. I tried doing it by keeping a memo on phone, but not 1% successful as the door handle bill.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ll take the group through the woods. We need a leader for the mountain and one for the lake.

1 Yes
2 No
3 Not really - seems like a mini label maker Maybe something I would give as a gift if it’s < $20

We are always saying “But wait!..there’s MORE!”.

1 Like

I also tend to label things (mostly in the freezer) with blue tape and sharpie. Sometimes I will also attach a piece of paper to the fridge door (yay magnets) to list things that need to be used up since small containers can disappear in the fridge bowels. So my answer to the first two questions could be yes.
But for question 3, I’d say no mostly because I try to avoid single use gadgets. More importantly, I’d especially say no if said device were to give me PLASTIC date stickers which would all eventually become more plastic garbage, poisoning the planet for the next eon.

2 Likes

and then scrape with the longest finger, and then lick around inside the bottle as much as possible. Then put a piece of bread and wipe out the bottle crystal clean. :rofl:

1 Like