Photos of Bad Food

I made a sliced potato dish with a white sauce (the other night). It was just all white on white (not very photogenic) but it was quite tasty.
This dish is one of the few that Sunshine will ask for seconds.

1 Like

My beautiful plate got a bad rap here yesterday (skid marks, indeed!), so I thought I’d post a picture here of it in all its glory!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

You might rethink this if only you’d seen my yesterday’s breakfast.

Peas figure prominently in my family history. In our area, green peas were the most important crop. At harvest, my dad drove a large farm truck that delivered shelled (vined) peas to the processing plants. I worked summers in a university ag research center that developed tested and archived new pea varietals.

During harvests, Dad would always bring home pea vines that had been through the swather, but hadn’t yet been beaten up by the viner’s paddles and drum. The peas were always better that way.

Most people don’t know this, but the peas themselves need to be of a minimum hardness to survive vining. And the farmers are paid based on a grading system of tenderness; “bullets” aren’t paid much at all. Obviously, the timing matters greatly–a few hours too late meant a low grade and small check.

Here’s what decided it…
tenderometer

3 Likes

My first attempt at lamb adana. Heavy rains forced me to cook them indoors, and the long skewers don’t fit in in my grill pan, so I made long patties instead. Tasted great, but…

9 Likes

Poor pretty plate. I’m sorry. Thanks for the laugh.

This site has been around for years: Cake Wrecks.

3 Likes

Thanks. The Star Wars series doesn’t look like bad food at all to me, and I’m not a fan. Much of the rest may be bad taste, but few appear to be poorly executed.

I think its head to head of who’s going to get the gold medal for the ugly food photo.

Good for elections. I don’t even take pictures when I make or eat something elegant in appearance. I rely on some of your photo skills to impress.

I’d take out 4 or 5 of those bad boys! 2 if i have to share.

1 Like

There was once a site (or a Twitter feed, or a Facebook page, or something) called Your Boyfriend is Not a Great Cook, filled with pictures of lousy looking food posted by significant others who either had terrible taste, or who wanted to let others know they had someone to cook for them, or both. I can’t seem to find it, if it’s even still around, but you’d have liked it.

4 Likes