Phoenix and maybe Tucson

GretchenS – it sounds great!

1 Like

bbq boy, mmmm!

I found a few pictures for you:

Carnitas los Equipales, our favorite place at the swap meet, followed by their tacos suaderos pre-condiments and two other luscious tacos.

Acqui con El Nene, followed by their Sonora-style hot dog as it arrives, pre-condiment bar, and a few of their tacos (carnitas being most evident) with items from condiment bar on the side.

I have no idea what your plans are but having tons of family in both Phoenix and Tucson I have spent a lot of time in both and for me, Tucson > Phoenix, not even close.

4 Likes

https://www.barriocafe.com/menus

To add to your list

1 Like

Thanks to all! a lot of great recommendations. I’ll have to move there t try them all!

Y’all are great!

2 Likes

There’s some pretty good BBQ there too :wink:
And don’t forget the Tempe Ted’s straight out of Buffalo.
https://www.tedshotdogs.com/

1 Like

I’m hoping to get to Little Miss BBQ and JL Smokehouse. We’ll see about Ted’s. I’ll try, but I’m likely to get outvoted. I’m targeting at least one Sonoran hot dog.

just make sure you ask the vendor for the condiments! My sonoran dog was served bare (cant remember the vendor) and there was not a full range of condiments on display to help myself to, a disappointment.

2 Likes

good idea

bbq boy – thanks! but l too late for me.
I expect it’ll be hard to get in there for a few weeks.

1 Like

Best meal we had in Phoenix last Feb was Ocotillo and my only regret was not getting the wood fire cooked aged beef rib that was the highlight at most tables around the room. More upscale than your request but as a BBQ maven, you might like this.

1 Like

We head home today! Manythanks for all the suggestions. I didn’t get to as many as I’d hoped, as I found that I didn’t get to dictate all of our activities, and was frequently outvoted. More to follow, but we loved Little Miss BBQ, JL’s Smokehouse, Los Dos Molinos – and there were a couple of surprises. Again thanks

4 Likes

Hope you’re going to write up your visit. Thanks!

As soon as I come uo for air. Lots of posts to write uo, and a trip to NYC looming

2 Likes