[Paris] Some thinking about our last meals and French food scene

Years ago my sister-in-law was living in Hong Kong and she introduced us to dim sum. We fell in love immediately. Then we spent a few days in Canton and ate in a restaurant that specialized in dim sum. Their dim sum put Hong Kong to shame. But New York is the only
point of comparison I have these days.

The Bar à Iode we went to was in the 5th. We stay in the 5th and like to go to places we can walk to.

Did you tried this dish lièvre à la royale in your recent trips? If yes, which place do you recommend? (or good place for game meats?)

We had it a few years ago at place that was called Le Pré Verre on rue Thenard. I thought the meat was somewhat dry. Le Pré Verre has been replaced by L’Invitée, apparently under the same ownership, but a bit more expensive.

I had several meals there, the meal under the brothers Delacourcelle were the better ones. Love their touch with spice. After, they sold the place and went to Japan. Now one of them returned has opened Le Vitis.

Any good recommendations for game meats? Since you are expert eating in November!

For anyone interested.

David Bizet won the first world champion for this royal hare dish in 2016 @ le Orangerie, George V. He has left le Orangerie in July 2018, now his second Alan Taudon took over, with the supervision of Christian Le Squer (le Cinq). The dish is still present à la carte 57€ .

David Boyer, won the 2018 competition, the dish is 58€ @ Les 110 de Taillevent.
N.B. David Bizet left le Orangerie for Taillevent in 2018.

Au Bascou is famous for this dish, it has 2 portion sizes 25€ or 50€.

I know Pottoka makes this dish too.

Now my face is red, because I cannot recall with certainty. But I believe that one of the courses at L’Arcane was game.

I’m a bit confused. Are you talking about l’Empire du Ravioli?

Because Delices de Shandong seems to be different the look. (from their website) Yelp said the restaurant is closed.

photo_2010_02_19_16_00_06_363

photo_2010_02_19_17_22_44_481

I think I understand a bit more now. l’Empire du Ravioli takes the same place of ex Délices de Shandong, but why the website still uses the old name is beyond wonder.

What did you eat there? What is your recommendations?

Yes, they are all the same place. We had some steamed dumplings and a meat soup with vegetables and some noodles. We liked everything. It’s a place I wish to revisit.

Need reservation or just pop in like that?

We just popped in at lunchtime, ca.13:00/13:30 and were lucky to find two seats. A couple that came after us did not want to sit in squashed accomodations, so they elected to sit at a table outside. In November! It was cold, but this was before it got very cold.

Read somewhere, they said the original crew of Délices de Shandong has opened a new outlet in Lyon now. I believe the one in Paris belongs to the group but there was a change of crew from some comments I read.

On their website they still identify themselves as " Délices de Shandong," and I see no mention of Lyon, but who knows?

Délice de Shandong
30 boulevard Jules Favre, 69006, Lyon

You can see the whole menu. Scroll to the end.

http://live.xineurope.com/item-detail-id-532.html

Ok, that’s pretty clear. I guess that they don’t keep their website constantly updated.

I don’t think they understand a thing about branding and identity. LOL

The menu looks good.

I assume that you’ll be going? I hope that you are not disappointed!!

I am struggling, tonight or not. But it starts raining now. Soon, maybe later this week.

No idea for food, Chinese hates this place, said the service was very rude.