Palm Coast and Vicinity information

Hi Florida HOs. I’m starting this thread in the hopes of starting a conversation in Florida. Come on down!

1 Like

Some Palm Coast info – one on Flagler Beach. I can’t vouch for any of them except Hunt’s, on the panhandle, which is excellent. That 11 of the 15 are on the Gulf coast accords with my experience in Florida that Gulf seafood beats Atlantic seafood by a good margin.

oops. Here’s the link – https://www.tripstodiscover.com/best-seafood-restaurants-in-florida/?fbclid=IwAR3krd4J84WMc5xQ_HfeFclY1EE19Yrwc4dRRe8mCUBa9vyoe6eHuxorhlU

Hi @johntannerbbq - thanks for the information. I am going to start a topic on the other US category for Palm Coast suggestions so we can get this off NY. Hope to see you there!

from the list, pre-pandemic we’’d been to o’steens a number of times and love it, worth waiting for the cooked to order fried chicken and the fried shrimp is excellent.

unfortunately, good food and great prices attract a crowd and we often had 45 minute to one hour waits for seating. there’s a nearby pub where they’ll call the bartender when your table is ready, worked for us!

@johntannerbbq i’m a kcbs judge, competitor and bbq hound, enjoy your blog and getting ready to drive I95 from nyc to st aug beach. we’ve been to a number of the same joints, hoping to cross ayden skylight off my bucket list this trip, as you know, it’s a detour of sorts from i95.

have been making the trip for years with a cooler to stop at smith’s red and white, we load up on their sausage, pimento cheese, spicy hot cheese twists, in store brand candied jalapeños and, this time of year, holiday candy.

we often stop at white swan fried chicken and bbq, gas cooked but tasty, reliably good chicken, in business for over 50 years and a way of life for people who live in the area. easy on-off from i95. finally, mccabes in manning is a must stop…we actually time the start of our drive to ensure arriving at mccabes on one of the days their open.

thanks again for your good work, have had an eye on shulers for a couple of years, perhaps this trip…

2 Likes