Our third week in Paris: Les Parisens, Massale, Virtus, Sadarnac, Dilia, Amarante, Parcelles

Quite a task. Can you be more precise about the neighbourhoods where you will be ? Arrondissement is a very imprecise and very broad indication of location because it’s just a very large and artificial administrative district and usually includes a number of different “quartiers”/ neighbourhoods. Some overlap arrondissement boundaries.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that as a tourist I will be mingling with other tourists and especially since we usually (always) do the early seating since this is a work week and late nights don’t work. This restaurant is back in the heart of touristy Marais and perhaps too similar to Parcelles? I’ve definitely moved up farther in the Marais and feel like their are fewer tourists then when we stayed in the heart of the 4th although it was a lot easier for my husband to get to his conference at the Palais des congres in the old days.

I live in a tourist town and if a visitor sits next to me at dinner I’m usually interested in where they are from where have they eaten etc. There is a disdain for rich Los Angeles people (although half of LA have second homes or vacation here constantly) but that just makes me laugh since I grew up in LA.

Anyway excited for my lone reservation (so far) at Kubri.

We will be staying in the grand boulevards quartier near bonne nouvelle metro.

But willing to travel around to different quartiers nearby for food and to take in the neighborhood. I know you already mentioned marais and enfantas rouges and have bookmarked many of the establishments you have recommended there.

But anything nearby where we are staying or quartiers close by would be lovely both for food and exploring/walking.

Just got an email from state dept/passport office saying that my passport is now under review and that my application may remain at this stage for the longest period of time (whatever that means) so cautiously optimistic that I may get the damn thing before May 10 but who knows. It’s already been 8 weeks since I sent it in. So maybe April will bring no more rain for us soaked to the gills Californians and a passport in the mail!

2 Likes

They sent me another email today saying that they shipped my passport and should be there in 2 weeks. Thanks to the state department gremlins!

4 Likes

Bistrot des Tournelles received Le Fooding’s “Best bistrot of 2023:” https://lefooding.com/en/restaurants/bistrot-des-tournelles. I have not been, as for some reason, the menu/vibe hasn’t called, but I very much enjoyed Le Doyenné, and Le Fooding named it “Best restaurant of 2023.” FWIW.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how recent the review is, although the displayed check is dated July 2022. Well, sometimes it’s the reviewers who need updating. Clovis Ochin (not Clos) isn’t the boss of YARD and, if I remember properly, never was. Only cellar manager and he left a couple of years ago. Apart from that nonessential bit of information, Le Bistrot des Tournelles looks enticing.

1 Like

Just got an online reservation for Bistrot des Tournelles. Love that so many restaurants have online reservations now.

1 Like

When are you going?

Mid May. The two I reserved let me do more than 30 days out. Will have to wait for another 2 weeks for Le Servan and Parcelles.

1 Like

Le servan is on our list I’ll have to check out parcelles

Just returned from a delicious dinner at Kubri. The yoghurt garlic sauces are heavenly. The shrimp and chicken and labneh starter with broccolini was sublime. Tomorrow night is Parcelles. Will write up a TR next week.

2 Likes

Maybe you could start a new thread ? I fear your trip report could get easily lost as an attachment to @sfcarole’s.

Yes I will start a new thread, just threw this up last night because I loved that meal!

1 Like

Yes, definitely report back in a new topic so that your adventures (culinary or not) in Paris don’t get buried.

1 Like

Game is very much our thing, so I will put Sourire on my list for this fall. Thanks.