Our first week in Paris 2023: Eunoé, Le Cornichon, Les Enfants du Marché, Géosmine, Sourire, Dilia, Le 975, Jeanne-Aimée, Octobre, Origines

Wow! I couldn’t eat too much that day since we had dinner plans. But the mussels really were phenomenal. Had some at Huguette yesterday that were very good, but nothing like the ones at Les Enfants. It’s that luscious sauce.

Moi, aussi!

I see on my restaurant list that I was at the old address in October 2029 and that I liked it, but I have no recollection, even when I look at the location and photos of the area (there’s now a Cambodian restaurant in the old space). I had already been aware of the new location and my need to go back, sparked in part by your report.

Wonderful report, as always, Carole! Just one problem: I now have 3 or maybe 4 more restaurants we must try when we are back in Paris in May. How dare you! :smiley:

Good thing we are going for 4 weeks this time…

Are the mussels always / almost always available at Les Enfants du Marché, or just some of the time?

Yes, the growing list is definitely a problem. Four weeks is just about perfect.

The mussels seem to be on Les Enfants’ regular ardoise. It’s only the small ardoise that changes daily.

1 Like

I wish it were so. We’re never sure if/when we’re coming back, so every time we go we return to an ever growing list of places that we’ve loved in the past. Then we add from the places that you, Parn, Carmenere, ninkat, Onz, Jake and other frequent visitors have recommended and we get a listing that 5 weeks cant get close to – especially since we definitely cant do more than one serious meal a day (well, maybe a falafel or some oysters or smelts or a Belgian waffle or some eggs or…) :face_with_spiral_eyes: Our list for this coming May/June trip (5 weeks) already needs cutting down & that’s without any upcoming reviews from HO visitors or Onz (who is clearly on a roll).

5 Likes

They’re also only open for lunch in the winter months. We ate dinner there in May pre Covid.

Carole, if you’re looking for something a little different one night, we really enjoyed Kubri in the 11th.

2 Likes

Fantastic post! Thank you for posting your culinary adventures. I’m taking notes for my next trip to Paris :wink:

I’m familiar with the problem. Last year we had six weeks (42 days & nights!) and there were still places left on the list. That’s especially the case when you want to try some of the new spots, which may end up not being the best fit for you personally. I’ve thought of moving over to Paris for a year, or even six months, but it wouldn’t really appeal to my husband who would miss the bike riding we do in the Bay Area or the wintertime activities in Tahoe. So I’m faced with the same struggle you are. That’s why HO is so helpful. And as we all kind of get to know each other one learns to triangulate in seeking out a good restaurant choice.

I keep thinking of Kubri and haven’t quite decided to give it a try. I love Lebanese food, but I’ve had similar dishes at Mokonuts, for example. The noise factor is another deterrent, but maybe in November that isn’t much of an issue. I still may go. Thanks for bringing it up.

Don’t remember it being loud, but we sat in front room and on the early side. Husband works when we are in Paris so we only do dinners and usually eat at the 7 or 7:30 slot.