Oleana [Cambridge, Inman Square area]

Thanks for the tip. The launching pad is this, but you seem to need to subscribe to go much further:

1 Like

Yes, part of the plan with him, ATK and Cook’s Country. Pay to play, they gotta earn their money somehow.

1 Like

At the bottom of the weekly Boston Globe recipes from Milk Street/Christopher Kimball is this notice. Of course, not helpful if you are not a Boston Globe subscriber.
“Christopher Kimball is the founder of Milk Street, home to a magazine, school, and radio and television shows. Globe readers get 12 weeks of complete digital access, plus two issues of Milk Street print magazine, for just $1. Go to 177milkstreet.com/globe. Send comments to magazine@globe.com.”

2 Likes

And on the show, the hosts always reference their website for ‘this recipe and more’, but do not say it is free. I subscribed to his mag when it first came out (a charter membership, no less) and it was okay until renewal time came up and then I decided it wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Same thing for me, both for ATK when he was there and the Milk St. site. Both seemed big, confusing marketing schemes, which is one of the reasons I lost respect for him. His recipes from Milk Street in the Globe seem slightly more complex and interesting, but I can usually kind more complex and interesting recipes for the same dish elsewhere.

I prefer complex and interesting and freeze leftovers that aren’t eaten a few days! Otherwise I’m good with really fast and easy I improvise.

1 Like

I have a feeling Kimball has earned plenty of money.

3 Likes