Ocean Avenue Kitchen, Sea Bright

There is a “for rent” sign on the window.:frowning:

that stinks to hear. Sadly, I think that will be one of many spots throwing in the towel in this new reality. I just don’t think this spot ever did anything to stand out or get their name out. I don’t know one person locally who ever went there. Anecdotal I know, but not one person spoke of it. I wonder if SB is at a saturation point with places these days. Once summer is over it’s a lot harder to keep going esp with the vortex that is Tommys; some of the more established names like Woody’s and Angelicas can thrive, but it seems to be really hard to get a new spot off the ground over there and sustain it.

I’m pretty sure only Tommy’s, angelicas and woody’s will weather this storm (if that)

Edit…and rum runner.

How much govt aid do you think he will get this time around? Can you double stack govt loans? (ie borrow on top of the sandy loan.)

Actually tried this place out when summer ended. It was good nothing crazy that would make me rush back. What I found interesting was their menu had dishes from other local spots. I noticed at least 3-4 that I’ve had at other places. For example, I love the clams at 2nd Jetty with chorizo and this place had exact same dish although not as good as 2nd. Could see why the rent sign is up though. If your aren’t Tommys or Anjelicas I think it’s going to be rough. Actually I’m shocked Anjelicas isn’t doing take out but I heard they will be very soon.

3 Likes