Oakland/ Alameda/ San Leandro eats

Didn’t you write “ Big Corp. sugar has really pushed into Asia and foods are getting sweeter” - you contradict yourself. In one post you are writing that the cuisines in Asia are using more and more sugar then you write your comments are just about restaurants in the US. You should make up your mind if you are talking about cuisines/cooking in Asia or restaurants in the US

Whatever. This is becoming off-topic and I’m not interested in getting into a food fight with anyone. I’d appreciate it if we could just drop this and get back to recommending restaurants for shrinkrap and any others who are interested.

5 Likes

Reviewing for the weekend!

We went to Trabacco, 2213 South Shore Center, Alameda, CA 94501

The first time I remember being in Alameda, although husband says we’ve been before. Beautiful island, with some Victorian homes that look exactly like some here in downtown Vacaville.

The parking was easy, the service was great, the atmosphere festive, and the food was good.

This was considered outside seating; quite comfortable this evening.

So many delicious sounding specials, I could not remember them all, even when the waiter came back just moments later!

Husband was a bit disappointed that there was no short pasta, which is always a selling point for him at an Italian restaurant , and listed on some menu he found online.

Good bread, olive oil, and balsamic brought to the table! Was there a coperto ? :grin: I am just back from a trip to Italy. Many Italian greetings were on offer this evening!

We did not skip the pizza, which husband enjoyed, and we did try the agnolotti, I believe a house-made pasta filled with butternut squash, walnuts, brown butter sage sauce, parmesan, over fresh tomato sauce. A little bit sweet for me, but I’m glad I tried it.

Our other dishes included ravioli, ( I think the house-made pasta stuffed with braised oxtail, au jus, pecorino pepato) , the pork chop, served with broccoli raab, and the branzino.

I had the branzino and it was served with roasted potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and cauliflower. I enjoyed what I ate there, but brought most home, after eating much of the agnolotti.

We enjoyed our time there together! Thanks for the recommendations.

9 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it - the branzino looks wonderful! Yes, the squash filling on the ravioli really needs that savory sauce to offset the natural sweetness of the filling. I think that’s why I like Belotti’s polenta-filled ravioli a little more.

Happy to hear your spouse enjoyed the pizza! When we brought my family, one of my relatives had the pizza but didn’t care for it, so that’s why I couldn’t recommend it.

1 Like
4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Great hoodie, you can’t tell the food stains from the art.

1 Like

I accidentally deleted the previous post

2 Likes
3 Likes

I think I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn there, sometime.
As for Mojo Men, they’re played once in awhile on the Psychedelic Circus Third Friday, 10pm MT on KUFM.

2 Likes

I own the single, and on the cover, his first name is spelled Rodger. It’s one of my favorite funk singles of all time.

R-6883192-1562421704-4155

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I’d like to see Ernest White II to visit and review the evolving Oakland food scene.

:heart: :heart:

Halal, taqueria, toxicity, ratchedness and consommé, keto-crispy edges; nice and precise ! Maya Halal Taqueria is on my list for a Friday.

1 Like

+1 - I have to find out where he bought that, perfect for my spouse as I’m always kidding him about his food “escaping” and landing on his shirt fronts!

A lot of confidence to wear white while eating tacos and chicken :poultry_leg: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Late to the party, but I’ll add: Little Star Pizza on Solano as an alternate to Zachary’s, if you’re wanting the deep dish thing.

Wally’s Mediteranian Cafe in Emeryville. Stuck in the back behind a seedy dive bar. Homemade hummus and babaganoush, a garlic-chicken sandwich that will leave you with breath that can kill flowers at 10 paces, and it comes with a delicious cumin-laced lentil soup and a piece of homemade baklava for dessert. An absolute BARGAIN for the amount of flavor you get.

4 Likes