NY/CT/LI Restaurant News, Openings and Closings - SPRING AND SUMMER EDITION

OMG!!! No they haven’t opened yet. But I have been to the old one!!! :grin:

As a moderator I believe I have to move this to a pinned thread regarding openings and closings.

I’ve been anxiously waiting for this to open,however the real reason is “the westchester” is my go to place to walk in the winter. The restaurants sound interesting and virtually all are upscale. The downside is upscale audience and captive audience usually means high prices and they do all seem to lean that way ( from examining their existing restaurant menus). Don’t need Nathan’s,but a mix including some moderate priced choices would be more to my liking.

I agree. The mall recently underwent a lot of renovations and I’m sure the food choices will reflect the upscale atmosphere.

I sat in at an early discussion with some Simon marketing people and local residents about the pending upgrade to The Westchester’s food court over a year ago. At that time, Simon announced that a change would take place and that they were actively searching for new food service options both high and lower end. In the interim, they opened some of their shuttered stores and began serving food out of those. Not very pretty, but there were food options and tables. Not sure if they have filled the entire food roster yet…I can try and find out.

1 Like

Jazz Forum is coming up from Manhattan to Tarrytown. Jazz impresario Mark Morganelli and his team are nearing completion of a major renovation to 1 Dixon Lane in Tarrytown, a former bakery building, not far from Tarrytown Music Hall. There will be appearances by top names in Jazz and Brazilian music, along with food and beverage service. Not yet clear what the menu will offer nor the price range…

3 Likes

Wow this sounds really cool!

Great! We are music hall members and would love to add this place too!!

Interesting. My husband is a big jazz fan so I’m sure we will end up here soon!

A post was split to a new topic: Il Giardino, Aquebogue NOFO Long Island

A post was split to a new topic: Cucina 25 Riverhead

A post was split to a new topic: Riverhead Grill aka Sunny’s - Long Island

Welcome motosport!!! I guess you got the email!

Closed: Chow’s Caribbean Chicken in Ossining.

Stopped by Omandarin today to see if they had opened,apparently they have been open since Friday. The place looks very nice. The menu consists primarily of “traditional” Chinese dishes rather than "traditional Westchester Chinese,so i’m not familiar with alot of the menu items. Still looking forward to trying them (only took the menu so far). Hard to tell it used to be a friendly’s - sort of a worldwide microcosm L from American nostalgia to fine Chinese (as the world turns)

2 Likes

O Mandarin is in Hartsdale, on Central Ave., correct? We’ll have to check it out - haven’t found any decent Chinese in Westchester as of yet!

Friday? They were not open Saturday
Should have replied to rich

Have you tried either Central Seafood or Aberdeen in White Plains? We prefer the former, but both attract a lot of actual Chinese patrons.

1 Like

Aberdeen dim sum isn’t quite like dim sum in Queens but I think it’s worth trying for sure. As much as I love going to Queens for dim sum I’m just not up for the parking (mis)adventures that often. Dim sum seems like it’d be fun for a HOdown…

2 Likes

Neither - we are in Yonkers and haven’t ventured into WP for dinner yet. I will keep these in mind! [quote=“ieatalotoficecream, post:45, topic:8978”]

As much as I love going to Queens for dim sum I’m just not up for the parking (mis)adventures that often.
[/quote]

You are NOT kidding. We lived on the 7 line so we usually subwayed out to Flushing, but once I took my parents out there for dim sum and we drove - NIGHTMARE BEYOND COMPARE. Never again. Dim sum would definitely be fun for a HOdown though!

2 Likes