North of Boston, MA: Super Beef master thread

Took an extra day off on Monday for the holiday weekend, and since I’ve been feeling cooped up I decided to go for a stroll in the Fells. After tromping around in the woods a bit, I emerged just before lunch and realized I was a mile away from a Stoneham roast beef joint I had never tried, Royal Roast Beef and Seafood.

Having not had outside food in a month or so, it was cool to get back in the game. Order and pickup was easy and well handled, I think they would have brought it out to the car but I just went in and grabbed it, since it was just a sandwich. I drove back to Medford to have lunch at home, but a roast beef three way travels well enough so I figured that’d be no issue.

Overall, it was pretty good–soft roll, melted cheese on top, nicely rare roast beef. They call it a king beef instead of a super, I guess just to stick with the royal theming. It was a little light on the mayo and bbq sauce for my taste and the beef could have used a little more seasoning, but as these things go it was a pretty respectable offering. In this general area I think that maybe both Liberty Bell in Melrose and Billy’s in Wakefield are a bit better, but if you find yourself on Main Street in Stoneham with a hankering for roast beef it’s a good option.

9 Likes