News of meatn3?

So how would you characterize this thread, about about the death of a Chowhound contributor? Deleted? Or, with nearly 500 posts, “never taken off”? While I agree that Chowhound got a lot worse after it was revamped, it’s a little ridiculous to pretend it was always terrible.

3 Likes

No, it hasn’t always been terrible, but things do change in 10 years.

1 Like

Of course. And we shouldn’t pretend that they were always the same. That was my point.

1 Like

I really should drink my coffee before posting :sleeping: :laughing:

2 Likes

I have to remind myself of this constantly: post after coffee and before cocktails.

9 Likes

Over-zealous mods would’ve butted in and called it off-topic.

What makes you think so? There was in fact an identical thread (well, identical subject matter) just a few weeks ago (with a happier ending fortunately…), without even negative commentary from the mods, much less locking or deleting…

I’ve requested the mods to remove this entire section or move it to another CH-vent thread.

It’s out of place here.

It also bears repeating that I only found an email for meatn3 thanks to CH, so it’s even less appropriate to turn this into a bashing/defending thread.

3 Likes

Oh for crying out loud…

2 Likes

I never pretended that it was “always terrible”. However, the moderation, which IMO has always been overzealous, got really ridiculous once Marssy came in and VIPGeorges took over. There were good reasons for the mass migration from CH to HO and FTC, and (aside from the change in management) over-moderation was one of those reasons. But feel free to defend CH, as you’ve tended to do in the past. Others may disagree.

3 Likes

Like many others, I haven’t followed CH since their change in management and subsequent revamp back in late 2015 – so I don’t know (or really care) what they’re doing now.

1 Like

I haven’t followed CH since their change in management and subsequent revamp back in late 2015 – so I don’t know (or really care) what they’re doing now.

O-o-okay, then… that makes your comment even more à apropos? :crazy_face:

(NB: I’m not a CH apologist, but otoh, I never had any great “attachment” to its management… which has usually been, imo, idiosyncratic   to say the least, under all its various regimes…

I am less about defending Chowhound and more about calling out nonsense and hyperbole, of which there is far too much.

5 Likes

Moderators Hat On

As noted posts have been flagged for being off topic and this thread is veering a bit off course. Let’s keep the subject matter on topic and if you want to vent about Chowhound please do a search there are plenty of other threads where that discussion is appropriate.

So thank you everyone for your concern and efforts in the wellness of meatn3, let’s just keep the conversation on topic

Thank you for your understanding and anticipated cooperation

Regards
Notjr

6 Likes

Thanks NJ for stepping in.

As OP of this thread, I was questioned that too much private information was disclosed in this thread. The most important thing is to know that meatn3 is safe, displaying her personal information in a thread was not intentional. I therefore, took the initiative to take out her private information.

I’ve deleted one of my post and another of @Lambchop. I also modified @Saregama 's post on her contact.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know for any questions.

Edit: Her contact is put back in this thread, with the consent of Meatn3.

9 Likes

Glad to hear she’s ok.

1 Like

I’ve contacted her via the email found in her CH profile. Thanks @Saregama !

On the whole, she is okay, but not ready yet to join us to talk about food. She will be glad to hear from any of us by email.

5 Likes