New Places of Interest? - Houston

Ok…anybody got any vacations coming up when they’re out of town?

Where are you suggesting @Jaymes? I plan to be around this summer. I have understood how these are made, just not how to eat them. The spoon transfer sounds reasonable, and I saw that method on a show last night.

I’m pretty available.
@NotDoobieWah - I know you usually need a weekend.
@jcostiones and anyone else interested, let’s pick a day and I’ll set it up.

Would be fun if we could hit three places. I’m not as familiar with Houston & the logistics but if One Dragon, Golden Dumpling, and Wanna Bao are within, say, 15 minutes of one another, that would be fun.

How do y’all feel about next weekend - July 20-21?

PS - I’ll bring mini-tongs for non-chopstix users. :yum:

1 Like

We’re in for one place not three. Name a weekend time and place and we’re there, weekday and you’re stuck with just me.

We are out of town this weekend, is this happening?

If you’re out I would guess it’s off.

We absolutely MUST do this soon though.

So we don’t count?

Of course you do!

I’ve always assumed you used both fingers and toes though. :wink:

Omg !

One of my toes requires ongoing medical treatment since a contractor crashed through my ceiling on San Jacinto Day, do I count the toe, a highlight of my three month plus journey through the Twilight Zone both physically and mentally.

Any of you lurkers out there that don’t know when San Jacinto Day is I’ll give you a hint.

Look it up.

Yaller ona roll.

2 Likes

My story is true and I don’t believe a word that come out of that feller’s mouth any other orifice.

1 Like

[quote=“Lambowner, post:66, topic:3772”]
We are out of town
[/quot

So are we heading for I-10 and Wilcrest. Anybody been and what sights should we see?

Truth be told, the amazing landmark of two Sunny convenience stores RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM EACH OTHER is no more, since someone built a badly needed luxury apartment complex a couple years ago. There is one remaining Sunny’s and if you go in, say hi to the surly chain smoking guy behind the counter for me.

I can recommend the Denny’s.

1 Like