New Jersey Restaurant Pet Peeves, Idiosyncrasies, Humorous Musings, etc

John I would tend to disagree. I personally don’t want a finished plate sitting in front of me for a while. I would rather have it removed, as some people can eat a lot slower than I do. I think this is the norm for countries I have visited. Nonetheless, everyone has their preferences. I don’t like when they come around and ask if I’m done when I have a half plate of food. Cheers my friend

On the topic of pickles, does anyone get annoyed at the pickle served with burgers? It is in the same wheelhouse as pasta and starch. It is a super cheap “add on” so why not make it worth while? I can’t stand when then serve a monster burger and then give you a sixteenth of a pickle. To give kudos to a chain, Jimmy buffet’s does it right. A good half pickle goes well with a cheese burger and beer.

1 Like

This might be a Texas thing but asking what you want before you EVEN sit down.

The dreaded pet peeve of the Wifeacita and myself, are you still working on that? We escaped work so we enjoy dinner.

Instant and shameless upselling. This happened at a San Antonio steakhouse on the Riverwalk, can I start you with some bottled water, 10 bucks, or some xyz wine which happens to be the most expensive bottle on the menu.

I should have asked him if they had a jug of Carlo Rossi just to see the look on his face.

4 Likes

Along the lines of no salt or pepper on the table…

No salt or pepper on the table, and if you ask for some the reply is the “chef feels it is seasoned correctly” and none is proffered. Yeah right. How many Top Chefs are kicked off for lack of seasoning?

Conversely, when I’m offered freshly ground pepper, usually from a 4 foot pepper mill, when the plate has barely touched the table and I haven’t had a chance to taste it. I know many people add S&P prior to tasting but I assume the dish is properly seasoned (see above) until I find out otherwise.

6 Likes

The Wifeacita made a giant bowl for the Texans game. She uses Orville on the stove and is a master popper. No microwave stuff in this household.

2 Likes

Who do like tonight? I’m with the saints.

I’m no fan of either club but if I was a betting man I’d say Saints.

2 Likes

Saints fan here as I am from New Orleans but they aren’t looking too sharp

I think drew will get it done. They don’t look good though.

1 Like

The NFL is a week to week game, your record means nothing.

My predictions about the Texans alleged victory over the Jets came true. Much bitching and moaning on talk radio and newspaper comments, only a few recognized that 10 and 4 is 10 and 4.

Wow! Something you don’t see very often, a Saints td and a return of the two point conversion.

That is robbery. I am wildly anti-McCloones.

I am 100000% with you on this. And everyone’s taste buds are different! What a presumptuous comment!

1 Like

For me it is the price and I want to be able to read the description! I don’t want to order that salad if it has fennel in it! Personally, since we are nearly always eating out with a toddler, I am not always listening perfectly to the server. I need a minute to read it!

1 Like

17 bucks for a drink at mcloones?

I had a feeling drew would get it done. I think it could be the saints and pats this year.

What are those?

yes- if I remember correctly…last time I ever set foot in one of his sh*t joints…

I was at the sea bright location a few nights ago for an Xmas party. I will leave my comments to myself lol…beautiful building though. It must be nice to get an interest free loan at the cost of our tax dollars :confused:

yes- space is wonderful…get to look at it from parking lot when we visit Ship Ahoy…look but don’t visit…he’s also lucky that he’s really only thing in that immediate area- main strip is other way and only comp is a bit down the road at 2nd Jetty, which can be 30 min trip on wrong day…thankfully food at Ship Ahoy is good.

1 Like