Nettie's house of spaghetti - tinton falls, nj

Has anyone been lately. Thinking of heading over here soon and curious what it’s like lately. Looks like the shortened the menu a bit

Had anyone eaten outdoors here? Also stupid questions, do they have full bar? Not a gin fan so hoping they offer a tequila or vodka for me.

I didn’t know they had outside dining or we would have done it. Now, unless they have heaters (I’d have to call and ask), it’s getting too cold for us to eat outdoors.

I don’t drink, so I don’t have the answer re: your bar question.

Edited to add: They do take reservations for outdoor tables. A plus because at some places, outdoor tables cannot be reserved.

1 Like

We ate outdoors a few weeks ago. Going tonight and sitting at the bar.
Will let you know about the full bar, I would imagine they do but I ordered off the cocktail menu last time.

1 Like

They do have outdoor seating and it seems, from visual observations in passing, to be quite adequate. They also do have a full bar - vodka included - I don’t recall if their tequila offerings were impressive or not. Enjoy and please report back

2 Likes

Thank you. Very curious to hear your thoughts. Hoping they have space heaters. Few pics of saw of outdoor space looked nice

Agreed. Not many places let you reserve outdoors. Mostly it’s first come first serve. List was short tbh. This is a nice feature to have. Came down to here, Nicholas, and blu grotto mostly.

Will still prob call angelicas a day or two before for a wildcard

1 Like

Ty sir. Not a gin guy and don’t like jalapeño drinks so I was hesitant but that should clinch it for me. Hoping they have some good specials bc it seems they shortened the menu a lot

We ate outside a few weeks ago, I know last year they stopped when it started to get cold.

Turns out we aren’t going to ight after all. Hot the booster shot and both of us are feeling pretty run down so we cancelled

1 Like

Hope you both feel better quickly!

We’ve been to Nicholas several times for lunch and once for dinner. Never been to Blue Grotto.

Despite the fact that Albariño doesn’t take reservations for outdoor dining, we’ve gone several times. The plus there is that they serve throughout the day. We went once for a very early dinner at 5 p.m. before many tables became occupied (our first restaurant meal in May after we were fully vaccinated). After that, it’s always been for late lunch 3 p.m. or a bit later when it isn’t busy, so never a problem getting an outdoor table.

Other NJ restaurants we’ve been to several times that take reservations for outdoor dining: Il Nido, in Marlboro (5 minutes from our house!); The Frog and the Peach, in New Brunswick; Bistro d’Azure, in South Orange; and Wolfgang’s Steakhouse, in Somerville. We went once to the Bernards Inn, in Bernardsville and twice to Drew’s when he was still doing outdoors. The second time, he had pretty much stopped doing it but did it for us as a favor because we’ve known him since forever (meaning starting when he opened his first tiny location on Broad St.).

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’d love il nido but it’s too far away from us. It’s going to be 730pm with the grandparents watching kids. So ability to be close when one of them inevitably somehow turns of the tv will be imperative sadly. That’s my #1 spot to try tbh

1 Like

When I was replying to the Nicholas Creamery thread, I realized I’d forgotten to include Kunya Siam Thai, in Atlantic Highlands, which takes reservations for their lovely back garden.

Wherever you are going, enjoy!

1 Like

They have a full bar. Last time there they had negronis on tap. Never ordered tequila though. On the flip side, we left Anjelica’s 40 mins ago. I’d share the photos, but I hate to gloat.

5 Likes

I still plan on calling Anjelicas the day of For a wildcard attempt for outdoor seats. One can dream

2 Likes

How do you get a reservation here (Angelica’s)? I can never seem to find anything, on any day for any party size.

I walked up, asked one night and they sat us! Labor Day weekend perfect table outside. Worth a shot if you are OK with taking a risk!

2 Likes

Might try that. Otherwise looks easy to reserve lunch.

1 Like

I may be going here tonight. If so, I’ll post my take on it. I’m passionate about Italian cuisine, so I’ll be honest and fair.

Please do let us know… I’ve heard a lot of good things, but nobody I know has been in the last 1.5 years.

1 Like

I had a reservation about 8 weeks ago but a little mishap forced me to cancel it. The really good food reviews outweighed some of the old banter about service issues - which for me is big.

2 Likes