Mid-Coast Maine 2021

Sadly, I concur. I keep looking for something I deeply disagree with you two – @tomatotomato and @GretchenS – on, so that I can engage you in a duel, but you keep disappointing me.

2 Likes

I think we passed Larson’s at least twice this past summer. And now even more sorry that we did.

1 Like

Did you have the excellent blueberry muffins at the Dolphin? I’ve prob tried 50 dif bb muffin recipes over the years trying to come close to those muffins with no success🤔.

1 Like

We did not. We’re making another trip up that way in September, so on your recommendation I want to try the blueberry muffins now.

Our meal at The Dolphin Marina and Restaurant was our first. Our super kind server explained to us that those blueberry muffins (and coffee) were the first things the eatery sold back in the day. Apparently this family-owned place is still going strong.

ETA: I wonder if this old-timey Maine blueberry cake recipe might scratch the itch even though it’s not the same? A friend who grew up in Maine recommended it to me last year and we liked it a lot.

2 Likes

Ha, maybe a dance off or a rap battle instead? Never mind, I can’t do those things either.

5 Likes

Hula hoops at dawn!!

3 Likes

I went to Up In Smoke BBQ to get essentially one of everything to share with some friends and when we spread it all out on the table I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES!!! So all I have for you is a shot of jerk chickens being taken off the grill I took while waiting. You can imagine how good it smelled…

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up! I really enjoyed them in June. Sadly, my next mid-coast jaunt won’t get me as far as Rockland but I’ll see about getting there in September.

3 Likes