McDonald's in General

FF chains used to be our road trip food, but after a few too many mediocre experiences, we decided if we can plan for a road trip, we can plan for bringing a coupla sammiches, too. It’s not rocket surgery & will be better food any time.

1 Like

When we used to go sell in Redding, we’d stop at the McD’s at the South Weed exit, but if we timed it wrong the Mexican bus line would be stopped there. Good times! Mass of humanity at 6:00 AM
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

(In & Out)

Careful though – if you order mustard-grilled patties, pickles become the default (just like with Animal Style), so if ordering mustard-grilled but don’t want pickles, you need to specify “no pickles”. Another option, BTW, is “grilled whole onion”, which is essentially a grilled slice of onion. If I’m in an oniony mood, I order “raw onion, extra extra grilled onion, and grilled whole onion”. Essentially, onions three ways. Also, “extra toast” makes for a less soggy bun.

3 Likes

that’s my order, but I also add chopped jalapeños or banana peppers.

This is why I limit my FF food to the few things I actually like. I like Popeye’s chicken sandwich, so that about the only FF I’ll purchase any more. I’ll by an Arby’s gyros in a pinch, but much prefer the many mom and pop gyros out there.

Like Linguafood, I now prefer to make my own stuff for the cooler and it’s better than most FF offerings, and for quite a bit cheaper. I get ODed on deep fried, overly salted stuff.

Can I add this here?

1 Like
1 Like

Ive had exactly one McRib to see what the fuss was about.

I still dont understand it. I found to be a shaped pork burger with gummy sauce that tasted like artficial everything.

2 Likes

Hope springs eternal, sometimes even in November. I am impatiently waiting for November and the return of McRib.

It’s kinda gross; but nostalgic for many. The only sandwich I can remember liking there was the McDLT. Even that was so-so.

2 Likes

I loved McRibs when the came out what … 40 years ago? But I haven’t had one since. If I want real smoked pork barbecue I can get it pretty easily. Ribs, too. The Real Thing (c)

I liked them back in the day. Like you, I’m for real ribs now.

1 Like

It’s not even like the texture of a burger. It’s just… naaaaaaah.

1 Like

I have had them twice. Kind of liked them for the novelty and will probably have one again even though they are overly sweet.
I still only have one and a half items I like at McD’s. The McDouble if it is fresh and the small coffee with a single cream. Do not like the ice cream or big burgers or fries.

I think the problem comes when people expect the McRib to be like real ribs.

They’re not.

In fact, they’re not even intended to be like real ribs. They’re not even marketed as such (as shown below).

The McRib, whether you enjoy them or not, is a foodstuff category all unto itself.

Just like the Filet-O-Fish isn’t really a fish sandwich, it’s just a a Filet-O-Fish.

Some comestibles transcend food categories.

Judge them for what they are. Not in comparison to a foodstuff that you think they should be.

6 Likes

I often order filet-o-fish when I go to McDonald’s … which isn’t often. I like them.

4 Likes

I love the Filet-O-Fish.

I can easily down 6 at one time.

The only thing stopping me from 7 and 8 and 9 and maybe 10, is I have to save room for the soft serve, which I must get.

2 Likes

Never had a soft serve there. was just thinking that no local place that I know of serves them anymore. I want one…

You have no Dairy Queen?
That’s too :disappointed: bad.

Oh so true. I love that squishy extruded pork product. I also like spam. Spam musubi. I’m making myself hungry.

2 Likes