May/June 2020 Openings and Closings [Boston and New England]

When we drove by Bergamot two days ago, the front windows had been ripped out and replaced by a metal garage door-like thing (didn’t go all the way to the ground) for perhaps counter sales or better air flow so people can more safely enter. It was filled with the FAB brewery’s stuff (although I can’t imagine them brewing in that location) and the old restaurant including bar was gone. I couldn’t find any information on the web as to whether they had started beer sales to go.

8 Likes

Trina’s Starlite Lounge in Somerville besides starting up their takeout business just opened patio seating out back (they posted that they will not do indoor seating until they feel safe doing so) and they converted Parlour Sports into Starlite’s Snack Shack. We got soft serve ice cream there two days ago – will return. They sell burgers, hotdogs, fries, and other snack shack-appropriate food there from 2-9pm.

6 Likes

Wow, that was fast at Bergamot. Here’s wishing everyone well.

Was Trina’s soft serve actually creamy? I’m a fan if it has a little butter fat. Since it’s Trina’s, I have hope.

cool, thanks for the head’s up. I had heard they were going to do this, but I didn’t know they had started. Will check it out.

No loss. I got sick as a dog when I ate there a couple of years ago.

Starlite’s Snack Shack’s soft serve did not taste cheap – definitely had a bit of creaminess/butter fat to it.

6 Likes

Oh, thanks for that, frederic. I see a field trip to Trina’s coming on soon.

2 Likes