Matawan Shanghai Bun

Just tell me when :yum:

Ditto!

I think I have tried about 2/3 - 3/4 of the menu at this point. Force yourself to try new things, it’s worth it! The fish in bean sauce is excellent. As is the cumin lamb seal mentioned.

This is kind of a loaded question, but how does this place compare to Sichuan cottage? I’m a big fan of SC

Thanks Joon but sometimes the decision of what to order is not mine. I usual bring my kids and I better order what they want.

You show those kids who’s boss! :smiley:

@corvette_johnny it’s a pretty different style from Sichuan Cottage overall but purely in terms of cooking they are fantastic. Never had a bad meal there, and it’s almost impossible to spend more than 15$ a person.

2 Likes

@corvette_johnny see my post above for my surprise that a sichuan dish like cumin lamb was as good as everything else has been at Shanghai Bun. I just actually had the little bit that was leftover with some brown rice and it’s really good.

@bgut1 it will be great to have you at the HOdown! I’m thinking early June since we have the Fernandes 3 HOdown on May 20th.

@BossaNova Did you see the change of date for the Fernandes 3 HOdown? Hope you two can still come.

2 Likes

@seal We’re still planning to be there

That spicy beef noodle soup is off the chain. God, do I love that sweat on my brow and the pooling of same in my philtrum ,

@KoolBreeze @corvette_johnny @BossaNova @joonjoon @CurlzNJ @bgut1 @NotJrvedivici @ycf04 @gracieggg @eleeper @junkliss

The way I see it, if we want to get a Hodown done here soon, we have either the weekend of June 3 or the following weekend of June 10. I’m up for a Saturday or Sunday, but as we discussed earlier, the only way to get us all in is to go around 3 pm. *edit Just spoke with the boss and she told me we are busy on the 4th.

Thoughts?

If at least some of us are game, I can start a HOdown thread… The 3rd and the 10th are both open for me right now if we’re going to do a late lunch (3pm).

@seal

I didn’t see my name, but I’ll invite myself…Mr Bean is working the 3rd but it works for me. I work most Sundays but am usually good for a Saturday.

The Sprout was home for less than 72 hours from the time we picked her up from school until she left again for a summer program. One of her dinner picks while she was home was Shanghai Bun. Cumin Lamb, Ma Po Tofu, Beef Sandwiches, Vegetable and Bean Curd Noodles, and of course, Soup Dumplings. We always order too much in order to have breakfast the next day.

Missy

1 Like

We’re good for the 3rd or the following weekend

1 Like

EVERYONE is invited… And since it looks like we’re heading towards the 3rd, @seal @joonjoon @NotJrvedivici where the heck are you? If that date works for any/all of you, please chime in.

I will follow up tomorrow, sorry.

Mark and I (“Mr. and Mrs. Name Badge”) are in for June 3 at 3PM.

Lol. I started by saying any of those dates are ok, so the 3rd is fine.

Thanks for thinking of me and the invite. I’ll have to pass. I had our first baby girl last week so I’m not venturing out much these days until she gets her shots. Enjoy! My favorites there are the beef sandwiches, Sha cha noodles and pork chop noodle soup. Yum!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations!!

Count me out. I “might” be able to make an appearance but other than that I doubt I will be able to attend. Please enjoy!!