Marin- Sausalito to San Rafael recs?

That’s funny – and exactly how it looked! Lately I’ve been returning to Berkeley from SF going through Marin instead of the city, and stopping for lunch or dinner on the way. In general the weather is much nicer. I often hit fog again in Richmond.

The reception lunch finished at 4pm, and nobody was hungry when we left. Oh well.

We’ll file these recs for the next time we head to Marin. Thanks, all!

1 Like

I happened to meet some people at Belcampo at Larkspur Landing Sunday for an early dinner and they only serve a bar or “happy hour” menu from 4-5:30, which, although limited is quite a good deal. All tap beers are $4 including Sculpin’s grapefruit IPA which is quite refreshing in the Marin heat. We had most of the menu, single burger (smaller than the regular one) $5, fries $4 (not the beef tallow fries you can get on the regular menu - though I should have asked if I could upgrade), sausage and onions $6, meatballs $6 - two large with a creamy red sausage, sauce a little sweet but meatballs were great and tender. They also had a kids menu with mac-n-cheese etc.

As an aside that whole market is nicely designed and a great place to bring little kids, they have a nice climbing structure, fountain with turtles and friendly koi and lots of outdoor seating.

1 Like

I’ll be a dissenter here. I enjoy Fish and Le Garage. I appreciate that sustainable seafood is expensive and like sitting outside in the sun drinking rose or bubbles with friends on the water. It’s cash only and spendy, but still feels like a vacation from foggy SF summers.

I also like stopping in at Heath before Fish and walking too and from the ferry, but some parts of the walk aren’t great.

I also used to like Le Garage for a rare burger, salad, wine, and simple but enjoyable fare on the water. I haven’t been for a while though.