Let's Discuss Edible Cannabis........................

1 Like
2 Likes

My buddies and I have had dozens of conversions on edibles. Trusting the cook is absolutely key. In most cases, doing a lot of reading, quality sourcing the buds/weed and starting out slow in the kitchen is the better result.

Lollipops have helped me sleep. Massage oil has helped my back but no more than swimming in a pool or a good steam and workout.

Ask a lot of questions

2 Likes

Sounds like it works!
:cowboy_hat_face:

I’ve posted on this thread before about edibles; I’ve had tiny bites of some cookies with wine and felt good, not really high at all just relaxed. I had my bro & SIL here though and we were laughing and sitting in the sun on a beautiful day and long NW evening. I was glad to be off work and off my feet. Not sure I was feeling the small amount of THC I consumed. Had severe insomnia and based on anecdotal info about it helping with sleep & asked for help from staff and they recommended a pack of capsules they promised me would just make me warm and fuzzy. 10 mg per. Well I took one but woke up 3-4 hours later stoned, paranoid as hell and having stomach rushes. Tried it one more time - same result and not for me. I then tried vials of oil and calibrated the THC doses to be much lower for anxiety problems. Wasn’t doing a thing so kept taking very small amounts on fingertips. Hours later started feeling weird and got so high & paranoid I thought I was gonna die. Then proceeded to try the different strains of smokeables, explaining I just wanted something very mild. Hated all of it, intensely disliked in the 60’s & 70’s too but if at a party if you didn’t have at least a toke you were a suspected narc. Can only use it topically and does help a little. I take care of a friend out of state w/little care pkgs, and she wanted all edibles this time. Mostly lower dose, but some containing 60 mg per vial. Strongly cautioned her both verbally and in writing on the high octane
stuff. Tossed in a few smokeables as a gift, along with a box of @Babbette’s gorgeous & tasty chocolates. Sprayed outside of box w/ a little eau de parfum and mailed it off to her. She loved the regular chocolates, as do I.

3 Likes

I will only say it is amazing how many seniors are enthusiastic partakers. The shop down the street is a block from senior living facility.
Coincidence?
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know! Was so hoping it would help but has the opposite effect on me. Body chemistry I guess. Haven’t tried high CBD only doses, will run it past doc in light of current situation. As you can imagine my anxiety is pretty high & hardly sleeping. Trying to stay calm and positive and was in fact excited earlier in the day about stock market opportunities. Sad about people dying and fighting for their lives however. Uncertain and troubling times…

Yes, you’re ingesting the wrong strains.

Maybe more Indicas and less Sativas,
or try cbd alone.

3 Likes

Thanks, have tried the different strains in many many different smokeables, just can’t tolerate, so will have to be CBD or with CBG’s only. Have also tried all the sleep teas of various brands, stuff on the internet, all the herbal sleep stuff, melatonin, Benadryl - nothing works. Sucks.

Lol nope. A Generation that grew up with illegal pot lived long enough to see it become legal and common place.

2 Likes

Cool thing in Oregon is we wrote the law so it is very people and business friendly, both for innovation and accessibility.
Our modified Mediterranean climate is ideal for herb :herb:

2 Likes

What is the starting price per gram out there? I see in Canada they start at 5 per gram and that includes taxes.

Depending on how what you want to do, Ontario is not a bad option and Toronto actually has lounges now. Not Amsterdam but closer and cheaper. Of course nj people can ride to MA but it is expensive.

$2.00 bargains
Up to about $15.00 for exotic hybrids. THC in the 25% - 30%+ range.
The innovation here is in edibles, topicals, and tinctures though rather than smoke.

Have you tried kava kava? Helps with anxiety if you don’t want to go full Prozac.

1 Like

No I haven’t @Babette but do have two Rx’s to help with anxiety & panic. Still I have breakthrough anxiety and a little panic quite often, and have to remind myself that it is working. When I don’t take it I can really tell it’s not there.

I’m not sure if Kava Kava was the supplement that was becoming pretty popular but was discovered it had liver effects. Will have to research a bit, but thanks. I’ll get back to you.

1 Like

Yes, may affect the liver in high or prolonged doses.

Wow 2 bucks is a steal! That’s quite a state you guys are hiding over there lol.

Do they have to get the cartridges inspected there for vitamin e? In MA they have to be tested and the results have to be pasted on the box.

@Lambchop try these out. They are much better to sleep. Regular CBd keeps me up and I dont like it.

Take one an hour before bed. If that works, great. If not take two and/or combine with unisom or generic sleep aid
https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop/capsules/relaxation-formula-25mg-cbd-capsules

More and more good research on CBD out there, but more on CBT as well, especially new stuff for insomnia.

Apologies in advance for going off topic.

Lips zipped.

1 Like

Everything is tested.

The attendant infrastructure that has emerged is a testament to good old roll your sleeves up American capitalism.
http://trimcamp.com/

Mobile trim services.
A whole service industry out of thin air.
:):cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like