Let’s discuss , ask and share natural remedies! ☺️

Our family has always sworn by cold compresses. Lie down, dark room, put a folded wet washcloth on your forehead.

1 Like

Oh dear re: banging head against the wall!!! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::scream_cat: I can both empathize and relate!! For anyone that hasn’t had migraines, [pain] is different and comes in many forms, and I’d take pain in my leg or hand versus that which emanates from the head in the form of migraine!! I add m happy to hear you are feeling better and lifestyle and maybe geography (??) changes have helped. :smiling_face::pray:t2::paw_prints::paw_prints:

I totally second the water!!! :grin::grin::grin: I have four quart mason jars with water in my refrigerator and I go through them each day as a way to keep track of my water consumption. Maybe dehydration can also lead to migraines??

On the medicine front, I have a prescription for sumatriptan and keep a log of when I have to take them. So far it’s been only 3 times this year. That’s not to say I have only had 3 migraines this year, just threes times I felt I was left with no choice but to take sumatriptan. :grimacing::sweat_smile:

And I totally echo that lifestyle changes and even choices are directly related to and impact physical health. I take lots of deep breaths a day and remove negativity in my life.

My best friend once described it to me as with the following metaphor: if you are growing rose bushes, sometimes you have to prune them or cut them back really far in order for the roses to grow and thrive. So he used that to remind me that sometimes I need to prune or cut things out of my life, per se, to allow for it (and me) to grow. :smiling_face::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like

Omg thank you!! That is very kind of you. :smile: it made me think of a trio around the world, starting in Denver, Colorado, where a friend/colleague of mine urged me to visit, particularly during ski season, and he can show me around. :smiling_face::paw_prints::paw_prints:

I’ve never been to mainland Europe. The closest has been London, years ago, studying for a summer. I got to visit Wales and different parts of England while I was there, and will say that Wales is a beautiful country. :smile:. My father had lots of books in German and other languages. I remember from growing up. He has friends visit us from
Germany but I didn’t interact much as a kid. :smiling_face:

Someday, travel, perhaps. :smiling_face::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like

For a migraine, my great grandmother would slice a raw potato and arrange the slices on a folded bandana. She would tie the bandana on her head sweatband style then go lie down for 20 min or so.

She swore the potato would draw the migraine, and that you must throw away the potato because it now had the poison that caused the migraine.

I tried it when I got migraines (happily lasted only a few years) out of desperation…and damned if it didnt work.

No harm trying it…certainly no downside other than it doesnt work.

4 Likes

Unfortunately. I cant tolerate cow’s milk proteins or lactose, so I cant try any of it.

1 Like

My mother used to put raw potato on kitchen burns. And, yup, it took out the heat and pain, and no blisters resulted.

1 Like

@pilgrim and @Sunshine842 - that’s it, I’m keeping a supply of raw potatoes :potato: in my medicine arsenal. :thinking::grin::joy::joy::smiling_face: . In all seriousness, thank you both for the potato tips, and I did some searching of potatoes online and their healing properties and both of your suggestions are shared by many!!! :smiling_face: thank you x (a lot)

1 Like

Manuka honey cream for eczema

Probiotics for reflux and bad breath

Glycolic acid for wrinkles/skin dullness and keratosis pilaris

I don’t suffer from migraines but have read that gluten is often linked. Also might be worth exploring counter irritants, esp since the minty creams seem to bring relief. I find menthol patches extremely effective for back spasms and pain.

Dunno if this counts as a natural remedy but it’s the only thing I’ve found that truly eliminates smelly foot odor.

Body odor generally

2 Likes

Ice cream.

Every time I eat it, I feel better.

Like everywhere better.

2 Likes

OMG!! Sunshine uses this same remedy, you can also add chocolate to her list.
A few days ago, she came to me about 10:00pm and was a little sad/down. I said to her, “How about I make you up some homemade chocolate peanut butter rolls??” (candy) She perked right up and ate 3 or 4 pieces (once I completed them) and was happy.
This is an old picture, but I make these every time Sunshine is down or not feeling good.

5 Likes

That is so sweet😍

2 Likes

Thank you sincerely x 1000000! :smile:

Also many thanks for the link for the article re: counterirritants, which is on my immediate list to read and explore. Will try to open on work laptop since we have subscriptions to those article publications, if that makes sense? Love reading … prevents my brain from turning to jello, as my dad would say. :joy::joy:

Anyways, thank you you again and please allow me to also say that I totally appreciate seeing/reading your posts and everyone’s re: cooking and dinner and baking etc. Dinner at your house is awesome :clap:t2: :smile: and beats mine by miles. :joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile:.

Thank you for sharing - :smiling_face: ok, done with all the tangents :smiling_face::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like

I deal with acid reflux. Ginger may not cure it, but it sure helps.

1 Like