L'antica Pizzeria da Michele is the Real Deal [NYC]

It does seem like rotating pizzaiolos. Maybe the transition to the new crew wasnt as smooth.

I think a lot depends on how busy they are, the oven temp is going to vary when it’s loaded with pies.

Habe you tried song e’ Napule? A lot of pizza insiders like it more than da Michelle.

Yes, song e’ Napule is excellent. The only thing is not the most comfortable (the original on Houston)
The one place I want to try is Una Pizza Napoletana

1 Like

Never eaten at the original, so not sure what makes it not comfortable, but UWS has tables and a counter with bar stools with backs (which I find pretty comfortable)…Great pizza!

I’m surprised no one has yet mentioned the acoustics of L’antica Pizzeria da Michele, or the complete lack thereof. We (three of us) were there in January, the place was packed, and we had to yell at each other to be heard. Most of the diners were in their 20’s and 30’s so maybe they’re used to this. One middle-aged couple after being seated, got up two minutes later and relocated to the front (smaller) room. Three women did likewise a couple minutes later. The place is an acoustic nightmare.

BTW, our two pizzas were good, but nothing more than that. Definitely nothing to merit a revisit.