Kunya Siam [Atlantic Highlands, NJ]

6 Likes

Fantastic job!

1 Like

I’m glad you guys had a great meal. I’m a big fan of Kunya’s food and she such a sweet heart! Nice pics Greg.

2 Likes

Hi Greg: Yes, we met during the 5:15 seating!!

2 Likes

Last night’s meal:

Crispy fried beef with hot sauce and pickled veggies

Grilled eggplant topped with minced chicken, red onion, shrimp, mint, and a spicy dressing

Justin’s tamarind chicken. I’ve never been at this place and drunk at the same time, but I imagine this would be the best drunk food on the planet

Sinister spice levels on this Pad Prik Khing. Most people order spice level based on their star system from 1-3 (3 being hottest) but Kunya took our order and gave me a special blast between 4 and 5 stars. It was lethal. I was dripping and practically gasping, but oh so good.

Washed down with this wine which my mom brought back from a trip to North Carolina. It wasn’t bad for a touristy novelty wine.

6 Likes

All looks/sounds delicious, and you did what you’re supposed to do–eat spicy food in hot weather, and follow it up with ice cream! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Finally made it here! Got the penang curry, garlic beef, pad thai and a tofu eggplant dish.

Everything was exploding with flavor and everyone agreed the food was bangin. 20 bucks per entree, factor in BYO and generous portion sizes and it’s all good at the end of the day. I’m a big fan!

Went to Nicholas creamery after. Not blown away by any of the flavors.

4 Likes

Big thanks to @gcaggiano for posting about this place. We had a Thai craving and now being in Holmdel we are closer (and less annoying drive) to Atlantic Highlands. Called at 430 for a 530 reservation and I think got the last table. The entire place was filled by 6!! Everything was super fresh, beautifully prepared and thoughtful. Can’t wait to come back. We now know to request that awesome front garden table!

6 Likes

Siam duck and whole snapper. Everything was delicious, but will note a few things:

Duck was not temp hot enough - asked them to rewarm, problem solved.

Snapper on its own was a bit one note sweet for me. These dishes are rated 2 and 1* spicy and basically had zero spice.

Which brings me to the last point… they don’t bring you chili condiments unless you ask. The chili fish sauce in particular for me is practically mandatory on the fried fish! With that addition and the addition of ground chili to the duck curry all was well. 28 for duck and 30 for fish I think. Really generous size fish for the price I’ll say, it can probably feed 2 people.

5 Likes