[Kuala Lumpur] Soong Kee Beef Noodles (颂记牛肉丸粉) at Jalan Tun HS Lee

Soong Kee is KL’s iconic beef noodles spot - it turned 71 years old this year, and is still packing in the crowds.

Soong Kee’s signature egg noodles are topped with a delicious, dark-coloured mince of beef and pork, flavoured with fermented soybean paste and the restaurant’s secret blend of herbs & spices. On the side is a bowl of clear, intense beef broth filled with beef balls, tender beef slices and beef innards & tripe.

The house-blend chilli sauce is also a must-not-miss - indispensable in adding a sharp stab of heat to the food.

Address
Soong Kee Beef Noodles
86, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee
56000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2078 1484
Opening hours: 11am - 10.30pm (Mon-Sat). Closed on Sundays & public holidays.

3 Likes

Back to Soong Kee again during my visit to KL last month. Its beef noodles are still, IMHO, the best in town -springy noodles, tasty beef/pork/soybean paste topping, and delicious beef consomme with slivered beef, pork tripe and beef balls on the side.

The restaurant is well-patronised, even at the late post-lunch 3pm.

2 Likes

One of my favorite joints! Love this place.

Do you know what happened to a nightime only alley hawker store serving Singapore style (add your own chili powder) prawn noodles around the area?

1 Like

I’d been asking around and my KL friends think the hawker has retired - all pure conjecture on their part, though.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter!

Press Room
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold