King Charles III's official "coronation quiche" recipe raises some eyebrows

If his most favorite dish is ’ boiled eggs '!! Any food related news or information coming from this weird monarch is no surprise!!

2 Likes

Although a quiche lover, the recipe doesn’t float my boat at all. Yuck in fact.

4 Likes

I love a good quiche - rich and buttery and savory. This ain’t it, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Right? What a weird, IMO choice!

He’s kind of weird so I guess it’s in keeping. I have a friend who’s an ex pat - has lived in the UK for decades, who is “not excited” over the festivities. Must be the food …

1 Like

Ha - ya think? I know garlic is a big no no for the BRF, but even so, many ways to come up with better recipes!

1 Like

I love hard boiled eggs! Maybe I’ll be king someday.

4 Likes

This UK person will be at the “bollocks to the monarchy, let’s shoot the bastards” demo on Saturday. If you have nothing better to do than watch the telly coverage, I’m the bloke not wearing yellow amongst the demonstrators.

Not that I am a republican that stands a nautical mile to the left of your man Bernie Sanders(sp?). Just a middle of the road social democrat.

1 Like

Liking or loving is one thing. But ’ MOST FAVORITE ’ food amongst all food??!!

As for ‘this Charles’. I used to live in an apartment whilst growing up. My nanny served me boiled eggs for breakfast almost every day. I got so fed up and sick of it, I threw them out of the window when nobody was watching!! :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I thought the garlic ban was because of Her RH. Maybe they can go forward in culinary explorations with the new leader.

1 Like

I think it’s because they’re constantly interacting with the public, as well as government officials, and staff, and thus don’t want to offend. They probably eschew raw onions too, but that I don’t know.

1 Like

If I was denied garlic and onions I’d probably be that sour and dour too.

6 Likes

A soft boiled egg without toast and sausage to mix in is a day without sunshine.

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding, they’re as important as the water/wine I drink!! I guess it’s why they drink so much sherry and gin - to happy themselves up a bit! Seriously, I’ve heard they have excellent chefs, and the meals are quite amazing, albeit tailored to keeping them slim, and within their preferences/tolerances.

Yeah, but not at all in the palace, ever? Who is gonna care of they reek of alliums? No one listens to what they say anyway, right? Oh, I shouldn’t say that, in that way. I’m sure plenty of their subjucts are interested in what the royals have to say. I just can’t see living in a home without certain foods, especially with all the health benefits of alliums.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the chef would lose his/her head, or at the very least, locked up in The Tower of London lol.

2 Likes

Yeah…

1 Like

Now on the stateside it is said that: one time a certain US President’s wife was upset with the head chef for something that went, in her opinion, wrong at a Presidential dinner. After chewing him out and claiming to have him fired, it is said he responded, “Madam, Presidents come and Presidents go, but the kitchen staff stays”.

3 Likes

I thought King Charles was more of Jellied Eel kinda fella.

1 Like

Eggs and soldiers in the UK

This Arnold Bennett omelette is fit for a …
Writer.

https://www.arnoldbennettsociety.org.uk/

3 Likes