Khao Hom Billerica, MA

Good to know, because their FB page and posts have listed them as closed.

Just called them. No answer and mailbox full.

They just posted on FB that they will be open tomorrow (3/7).

1 Like

Ordered online for takeout last night, at pickup time the owner said “I thought that was you” and that they’re back to normal. Food was as great as ever.

5 Likes

They finally have a website. https://www.khaohomthairestaurant.com. Not the best layout.

1 Like

Actually the website works well unless you are on a Windows system.

A simple lunch Yellow Curry with Chicken at Khao Hom in Billerica was delicious and as you can see from the sliced fresh chilis, hot. The potatoes were uncooked “because people complained that they were too mushy”.

4 Likes

Were the potatoes entirely raw?

The fork penetrated maybe 2 mm. That is 0.07874016 inches after googling it.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s very scientific. Odd that they’d do that. Other than that, the dish does look terrific.

1 Like

Picked up tasty take-out (love that choo chee duck) today and noticed a sign on the register saying Khao Hom will be closed from July 16 through August 7. From what the owner said it’s a planned trip and I fully expect they’ll be back on August 8.

1 Like

Yes, a family visit. They announced on FB.

The Gapao is $5 every Wednesday during September all day and it’s excellent.

4 Likes

Terrific photo!

1 Like

I had that today, and agree. Also, although Penang curry is not listed on the menu, they do make it. It’s perhaps a bit hotter than their other curries, but I love it. They are generous with the amount of meat in their curries, so I usually steam some additional vegetables to add, for my preferred meat/veg ratio.

New dish alert at @khaohom_thai_restaurant! Pad Cha ($8.50) with Beef at lunch. Contains Fresh chilli’s (This dish is HOT), red and green peppers, Basil, Green peppercorn and Fingerroot. Fingerroot is new to me but it’s like mild ginger. The green peppercorns are delicious. This is an excellent addition to the menu. Available with all proteins. Did I mention that it was hot?

8 Likes

whoa, that looks great

1 Like

I thought they were only open for dinner but they are open normal hours. They are small so they can do with as much support as possible. This is one place I don’t want to close. Today I had the Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodle) ($7.95) with pork. It had plenty of heat and plenty of pork. The pork was a tad dry but still good. Ordering it extra spicy here gives you freshly sliced chilis. This was a really good rendering of a classic dish, not to mention that it was easily two meals. Folks, give them some support and as a reward, you will get some of the best Thai food around.

6 Likes

oh, good call. I’ll try to get out there if possible, I don’t want that place closing either.

Thanks for the reminder. If they are delivering, I’ll order today. Shame on me…I’ve been concentrating on optimal timing for using my fridge and pantry contents, and while I’ve had a hankering for their food, didn’t actually think about their bottom line. I was the first Hunion to discover and post about KHT, so I should have ordered sooner. I HAVE worried about Gene Wu’s business, since I was also the first Chowhound to plant a flag at the original Chelmsford location of his Flatbread Cafe. But I can’t drive anymore, so even if Westford or Woburn are doing takeout, I can’t get there.

3 Likes