ISO - Houston

Thanks, stranger. That’s mighty neighborly of you.

Yep. Riding in on a white horse, just in the nick of time.

2 Likes

Let’s not pile on too much pressure but could it be John Wayne in my two favorite westerns, Fort Apache and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon?

1 Like

Nope, Nope, Nope, Tonto (hint, hint). I was thinking of a certain stranger riding into town, wearing a mask (hint, hint) to conceal his identity. I dunno, maybe the horse was silver (hint, hint), not white. Now there was a real hero.

I would love to find a place/bakery that will sell hot dog and hamburger buns individually. They sell bagels, bolillos, even croissants - as many or as few as you want. But hamburger and hot dog buns, you have to buy a pack of 8. That’s a problem for someone living alone. They don’t tend to refrigerate or freeze well, for one thing because they get squushed, and they’re difficult to reconstitute in a toaster.

I’m with you on the buns. I’ve looked in vain at MY HEB many times.

When I was a kid a neighborhood lady had a bunch of us over for hamburgers and served them on hot dog buns. We all thought it was the best burger we’d ever eaten and urged our mothers to make the this way.

It was sometime later when I realized she must have been out of hamburger buns. I’ve cooked burgers like this myself.