ISO East Bay reservation for six with reliable parking this weekend

A neighbor in Oakland told me she and her husband will take an Uber to restaurants in Oakland to avoid driving their car and the break-ins. Kind of crazy but it makes sense.

2 Likes

East Ocean in Alameda is good and has its own parking lot…but it’s small and gets crowded. Generally it’s safe to park a car in that part of Alameda.

1 Like

Everywhere in the BA has their troubles. Travel in groups, Uber or Lyft from a safe neighborhood and you should be fine.

2 Likes

Many recommend travelers do that instead of using public transportation or just walking a few blocks. Add it into the total entertainment cost.:disappointed_relieved:

Now we’re reminded that when we knew Townhouse it was a lively music venue.

1 Like

I think East Ocean in Alameda has the best dim sum around, with lots of flavor combinations you don’t see elsewhere. But parking along the Alameda commercial streets is brutal. The parking lot holds maybe eight cars, with another six in the spaces reserved for another store but available on Sundays.
http://eastoceanseafoodrestaurant.com/lunch/

1 Like

Yeah, we’re fortunately to be retired so we go during the week and eat at non-crush times. Parking almost everywhere in the SFBA is a hassle, LOL. The price of our collective success, I guess… :joy:

1 Like

Sorry for that. I have great memories of walking without a care in the world through SF, Oakland, Bezerkely, San Leandro and Hayward. Had some great meals and strolls afterwards to work off the meals. Especially after those meals at Fisherman’s Wharf and desserts the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory.:pig_nose:

Well…the parking was okay; we might have gotten the last two spots! The peking duck was good, and the shrimp and chive dumplings. They had a dim sum menu at 7 PM

To their credit, I apparently accidentally ordered one dish by pointing at words instead of the number, and when I said I hadn’t ordered it, they took it off the table and the bill, so there’s that.

1 Like

You went to the Alameda East Ocean, then?

1 Like

No; I was referring to HK East Ocean. I hope to get to the one in Alameda though. Do you know what time they serve dim sum there?

I don’t know. Check their website.

1 Like

From your link above, in case anyone else is interested.

“Lunch
Lunch time is one of the best times of the day, and here at East Ocean lunch is available from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and our delicious Dim Sum is served from 10 a.m to 2:30 p.m. See below for a preview of our menu or click above for the full menu.”

Whole duck production . . . back with remaining meat in second presentation?

Yes! I just ate some of what was leftover!

The skin was served with buns, scallions and sauce

Son and DIL wanted the pancakes with the meat.

And the kids gave me flower for veterans day!

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I’d go to Ming’s Tasty in Oakland Chinatown over Alameda East Ocean… It is excellent dim sum. No carts.

4 Likes