Instacart

I know - similar to the friendly prince from Nigeria who sends me such personal emails about the $32 million he wants to give me

Which doesnā€™t make it any less stupid to send a survey to someone for a cancelled order who already has a complaint lodge. Bad software. Which does go with poor management. Not my order got pitched to ā€œSecurity and Safety Teamā€ automatically also. No excuses for software not to talk to software.

Iā€™ll see your ā€œhateā€ and raise you ā€œdespiseā€! Instacartā€™s checkout does state that it charges 15% more, plus a few other charges. But as I canā€™t often shop in person due to severe arthritis, Iā€™ll accept that. I ordered Wegmans via Instacart a few years back. Substitutes were made that were nonsensical, several very common items were omitted, and the ice cream was thoroughly melted when I met the driver at my door. Wegmans did refund that. I was annoyed, but that was nothing compared to yesterday! On Wednesday, I placed a Wegmans order for Sunday afternoon delivery. Friday evening, an email arrived showing which items were unavailable, and delivery for Saturday (this) morning. I immediately called Instacart to tell them I needed Sunday delivery and expected fresh coldcuts, not what they listed as picked on Friday, and that if they wouldnā€™t do that, the order was to be cancelled. The customer service agent looked up the order and said it was DELIVERED Friday afternoon. It was dark by the time we spoke, and without taking the opioid pain med I strictly ration, I canā€™t get downstairs to my door and lug bags back up. Even without that complication, if the bags were there, and raccoons hadnā€™t yet found them, perishable items would have sat at over 70Ā° for 6 hours. I was enraged. I demanded a refund on the entire order, which he agreed to do. I will monitor my credit card. I did assure the agent that my wrath was not directed at him but at his employer. I took a pill a few minutes ago and will check outside once it kicks in. If Iā€™m lucky, there may be a few usable apples and potatoes. Iā€™m now on a crusade to warn people not to depend on Instacart for anything other than aggravation!

ETA: I just got the bags inside and upstairs. To my surprise, it looks like most of the items are still usable. Iā€™ll investigate when the pain abates. Maybe some of the raccoons were busy watching the Red Sox lose. But Iā€™m not letting Instacart or Wegmans off the hook, because they have no right to disregard the assigned delivery schedule.

1 Like

Apologies if this has been asked, but is Fresh Direct available in your area? I donā€™t love them, but theyā€™re better than what you describe.

No, theyā€™re not. There used to be a Roche Bros in Burlington, which did its own deliveries. Its website ran smoothly and allowed for very specific instructions on things like how large/ripe you wanted your peaches to be, etc. But they closed and the nearest one is too far for me to be included in their delivery area.

Thatā€™s an awful customer experience. Aargh.