In Restaurant Dining During Covid 2020- Houston, Texas

Next time I’ll get the ribeye, you get a one pound hunk of cow for 38 bucks and the best part is, you’re buying. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hope you are all doing well!

I’ve dined on a newly expanded patio outside at Urban American Kitchen, not to be confused with the union kitchen chain. they have a variety of options and it seemed like a fish and chips day. I also dined indoors at Izikaya Wa, which sports a large covered patio with heaters. Due to social distancing, we could not get the patio on a Tuesday for lunch! I was surprised how busy this place was. But their lunches are true bargains. My sashimi lunch plate was $15.

2 Likes

How was the fish? I’m a fish guy but can do without the chips.

I have a deal for you!!

I am willing to get a mess of cod from MY HEB and destroy your cocina. You will love the fish, the rest is on you. :cowboy_hat_face: :mask:

1 Like

I’m in plus I call dibs on JC’s fries.

I’ll bring slaw.

1 Like

And this is why I only get fried fish at a restaurant! :joy:

1 Like

So I’m guessing you’re not down with cleaning fish in the kitchen sink. On two occasions I cleaned 20 speckled trout in the sink plus many more at different times including red snapper to 15pounds.

All are fried in house by a pro fish fryer, me. :crazy_face:

A real, actual dining review follows. Last Saturday, El Tiempo Washington, go figure.

Edit.

We got there at 430, the place was empty and we got the Wifeacita’s happy place at the end of the bar but next to what looked like two teen girls with all the OMG type talk.

We split an order of crab enchiladas in cream sauce. They were somewhat spicy which they usually aren’t but it suited her fine but me not so much.

By the time we left around 630 it was packed certainly exceeding the Guvnor’s 75 percent limit.

1 Like