I thought this was old news / common knowledge re: US chocolate

Scharffenberger is back, being made in Ashland, OR.

IIRC, Hershey’s had acquired both Scharffenberger and Dagoba, discontinued both, then some people close to the original Scharffenberger bought it back along with Dagoba’s production facility, that they are now using.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever had a Ghiradelli chocolate bar. I’m not even a chocolate fan, though I enjoy certain desserts that happen to have chocolate in them (though I am fond of chocolate mousse, generally ok with cookies with chocolate). If I am eating pure chocolate anything, then it should be dark chocolate.
I do find smaller specialty chocolate and local purveyors to be a bit better, but I’m not enough of a fan to try any of their goods regularly… I had surprisingly decent chocolate from Lake Champlain Chocolates (vendor gift), based in VT, as usually those vendor gifts are gross.

I actually strongly dislike Hershey’s kisses (sorry, fans) and most lump chocolate forms. If they are in a cookie, I pry them off (or bite around them). :sweat_smile:

I had one. Once. It was waxy and gross.

Ghiradelli’s is really crappy chcolate.

I don’t mind their brownie sundaes.

1 Like

Agree. I’ve certainly had some waxy Polish and Russian chocolate.

I like some Ghiradelli chocolates. The little salted caramel ones are pretty good.

Hershey’s plain bars and kisses have gotten worse over the last 20 years, so has Canadian Dairy Milk, Aero and Jersey Milk.

Ghiradelli Brownie Mix is pretty good, too.

2 Likes

Yeh its bad i cant eat more than 3-400 Hersheys Kisses at a time.

3 Likes