Houston Hot Dogs

https://www.astrosdaily.com/history/1962/
Amazingly, it is mentioned in the 5th paragraph. I’m not nuts after all! :smiley:

Midwest Coney Connection survived the pandemic and also now has a brick and mortar location in Westchase.

Yahoo! Now I can get a fix without having to navigate the potholes at the Galleria Area Food Truck Park with my walker or my cane :heart_eyes:

HEY WHATEVER HAPPENED TO REDJIM AND CORVETTE JOHNNY??? (Not to mention JC).

3 Likes

Update on Yo-yo’s - Pretty good article. I think he used to not open until 10 pm on Fri & Sat only, then stay open until after the bars closed and all the bar patrons had either had their fill or passed out on the sidewalk. Fullest description of what goes into one I’ve ever seen and good pictures.

I haven’t had one but maybe will make it to the b&m location when it opens. I admit I have my doubts, especially about the cream cheese, but I’ll give it a try.

I’ll make it to the b&m location if it’s open during daylight hours. I don’t drive at night except in emergencies.

2 Likes

Google Photos

I’ll place this here rather than the Mexican or Tamale threads - from JCI Grill (Meyerland) - the Tamale Plate - 2 genuine, legit, Tex-Mex tamales with chili con carne, cheese and crisp onions. Yep, I’m all set for some good old fashioned Tex-Mex indigestion tonight. Yee-haw!

Not bad. Also got a large chili to go.

1 Like

JCI at Town & Country is down. Other retail structures are slated to come down to make room for more high rise office space like you see in this pic going up. It’s a hot dog dam shame.

2 Likes

I liked your post but lament it’s news.

Alack and alas.