Hola Barcelona! Eating in Barcelona, Spain.

1 hour north to Girona: To All Fans of Icecream …

Jordi Roca
Gelateria
Giorna, 1 hour north of Centre Barcelona …

BEYONDTASTEBARCELONAIC18409_558869960844160_213619811_n

RESTAURANT INDOCHINE
BARCELONA

CUISINE: INDOCHINE (CAMBODIAN AND JAPANESE )

AMAZING …

1 Like

Several years back, I got to visit Barcelona and was wowed by various chocolates and desserts that I tasted.

A silky chocolate pudding dessert made with olive oil (pretty sure that the restaurant is no longer around) and chocolate bars that I bought at Colmado Quilez stand out in my memory. Oh, those chocolate bars.

I haven’t sampled enough chocolate products—yet!—from Barcelona to understand why they seem so special to my palate and have often wondered why I don’t hear about them in the U.S.

2 Likes

In the non-Michelin department, we remember pinxtos at Ganbara among six or seven stops.

1 Like

@Tomato, Tomato,

They are predominately tiny boutique ecological artisanial producers (no industrilisation ) and do not export abroad.

However, you can check: Balaguer Oriol, Chocolatier has a boutique in Manhattan I believe. Located on the old Hudson River Docks along with The Adrià Brothers & Josè Andrés. It is a gastronomic & eno Paradise of Spanish products, regional cuisine and gourmet shops …

1 Like

This reason does make sense. Thank you for the answer @barca!

1 Like

@tomatotomato

Have a lovely weekend !

@tomatotomato

Colmado Quilez:

There are 5 shops in Barcelona and 1 in Madrid and one in a small town outside of Barcelona. They now carry wines, Cavas, gifts, Evoo, foie grás de canard etcetra.

The website is in Spanish and English is: www.lafuente.es

Barcelona shop: Rambla de Cataluyna 65.

I honestly prefer Oriol Balaguer for chocolates and chocolate confectionary and desserts.

1 Like

SUMMERELCELLERROCABUILDING17759668_1508723165835934_1226843062623064125_n

The Roca Brothers.

1 Like

Dessert by: Jordi Roca.

1 Like

( BARCELONA PASSEO MARITUM ALONG BEACH & LE MERCAT DE LA BOQUERIA MARKET)

5 Likes

RESTAURANTE EL CINGLE, 47km. north-west from Barcelona Centre, in a tiny village called: Vacacarisas. CINGLE in Catalan does not signify “Single” ! (close to Montserrat).

A “CINGLE”, is a vertical rock formation which was created by erosion, and is the emblematic symbol of this village. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED RESTAURANT. Authentic traditional seasonal ecological Catalan Cuisine. The Menu del Dia Monday - Friday only is: 20 Euros per person. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. LADY CHEF MONTSE ESTRUCH, a Master Chef Winner 2012.

4 Likes

Jabugo Jamón, Pata Negra, Albert Adria´s Bodega 1900 …

2 Likes

BODEGA 1900. ALBERT ADRIA …

3 Likes

So beautiful! I loved, loved, loved every second I was in Spain, though sadly my time in Barcelona was too short. I loved walking around La Boqueria, and was so sad I didn’t have a kitchen to buy stuff back to for cooking. I will have to make sure to head back and get some good recommendations from this thread.

2 Likes

Le Mercata de La Boqueria is an exceptional central market.

I shop there at least 3 or 4 times a week when not travelling.

2 Likes

You are so lucky to be able to shop at La Boqueria often! I got to visit on two trips. I’m happy just thinking about it.

2 Likes

Good to know it appeals to more than tourists like me! I was especially impressed by the salt cod options. I do enjoy salt cod.

1 Like

BREADmaurizioSALUMIpelli1

Le Mercat de La Boqueria.

2 Likes

@Paryzer and @Scubadoo97,

A wonderful dining and lunching city and Le Mercat de La Boqueria, is a treasure chest of extraordinary products and bars too …

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like