HOdown Indonesia/Malaysia: Coco, Edison

@joonjoon @CurlzNJ You two started this.

So are we going next Saturday 10/15?

Iā€™m in!

Iā€™m reaaaaaally hoping to join you; put me down as a tentative yes!

Shall we say 12:30 for lunch there then?

Maybe we should make a new thread with all the info?

Mark and I will be there, but may be a bit late. (We canā€™t leave Old Bridge until noon or a bit after.)

Iā€™ve been dining there for several years and sadly their best years are behind them. At one time my go to place for a decent Assam Laksa{ the best is still at Malaysia in China town} and curry fish head soup. Their pork belly rivals the best Lachon that ever came out of Sabu however and the okra belanchan is very good still.

Hey thanks for the info currymouth. Thatā€™s a shame theyā€™ve gone downhill. Are you talking about the pork belly at Coco or another place? Any other must haveā€™s at Coco youā€™d recommend?

Omg canā€™t wait for a bowl of Assam! Right now the only place Iā€™ve found it is at Avenue East in Cranford and itā€™s excellent there.

At Cocoā€™sā€¦The Kang Kong belanchan and Taro basket used to be good but I havenā€™t had them for years,even the Roti canai has become rather doughy.

As an aside have you tried the Korean steak house on old post road?
Keum Ho garden serves a very good aged porter house and still uses charcoal in their table grills.