Help Please for some Waterview restaurants (San Francisco Bay Area, Norcal)

I recently tried two new-to-me water view places for brunch – The Ramp and Mission Rock Resort. Both are in Dogpatch – I think? And both were full of people drinking A LOT on a Sunday noontime. The Ramp is divey-er and the food was forgettable. The Caesar salad with fresh peas and pea tendrils at the Mission Rock Resort was first rate. Fried oyster sliders were pretty good, too. I wouldn’t go there on a game day again. But I do like the industrial waterfront feeling of the area. And parking is easy. I would go there again over the Cliff House or the Beach Chalet.

FINALLY, another person who has something nice to say about Mission Rock Resort. We go there frequently and it’s always rock solid.

1 Like

That menu looks fantastic! And what a setting.

Happy hour oysters too. :slight_smile:

I looked again at their site and see no mention of ‘dog friendly.’ Have you ever seen any on the deck? We’re visiting friends in a few weeks and bringing our dog. I’ll check with them. I hope jfood considers this spot.

I doubt they allow dogs. Of course, doesn’t hurt to call and ask. This place is pretty good and has a nice outdoor patio and lots of dogs: http://skoolsf.com/

Skool has very solid food. Known for their Uni Flan.

I have always liked Mission Rock Resort, location-wise, but they cleaned the place up — it was something O’Irish for a bit — and I never really forgave them.

You haven’t forgiven them for what? It was Mission Rock Resort, Kelly’s Mission Rock for a while, and now back to Mission Rock Resort.

I took it to mean becoming a non-dive. If there’s one thing I don’t like about Mission Rock now is the interior is just too corporate.

Yeah, the stretch as Kelly’s was corporate. I expect it is now even back to the mission rock resort name. I remember one particular night’s party on the roof when it was a dive… sigh.

Butterfly unfortunately closed on January 7, 2017, when their 15-year lease expired.