Heirloom Kitchen, Old Bridge [NJ]

I suspect something has changed. Neeli (one of the owners) definitely was making sourdough daily in the beginning but the last couple times it either was another bread of different. Totally agree about including bread with the fix menu.

3 Likes

That sourdough was delicious. I just checked my photo set of our tasting menu to see what bread we were given when I requested some. It was kombu. I found the flavor very unappealing.

Cover of NJ Monthly Magazine!

3 Likes

For those upthread who commented on the bread situation, Talula’s in AP posted on FB today that they are supplying their sourdough to Heirloom. I’m thinking about Heirloom for a significant celebration next month involving both vegan and non-vegan guests. Any recent reports?

1 Like

I honestly don’t think you can go wrong at HK…but I really do suggest you sit at the chef’s counter if you can–then you get dinner AND a show! If that’s not the vibe your group would enjoy, then I’d wait to go there with people who WOULD. You’ll eat well regardless, but my guess is YOU will be distracted and wishing you were at the counter!

Sat at a table back when the menu was still a la carte. Will definitely look for a counter seat this time around. Just need to clear the menu with a a couple of “picky eaters.”

Hmm. That might be the wrong group, then–not sure if the menu is 100% locked down, but worth asking!

I would give them a call and see if they have ideas on the menu for the day you are looking to go. They are really very accommodating and I bet would tailor it a bit with advanced notice.

2 Likes