Harvey's Bristol Cream???

@Harters,
Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I usually make mine with strawberries yet peaches would be fun and the boys would love the sprinkles.

On a hot day, I’ve enjoyed vanilla ice cream, topped with sliced canned peaches, toasted walnuts and a dollop of whipping cream. Simple yet so satisfying.

So based on a substitution on a recent Safeway order I discovered Fairbanks Cream Sherry. While I know it is an E&J product, I think it is as good or better than Harveys at about half the price.

Currently enjoying a glass on the rocks with fresh lime and it’s pretty good (although a bit darker). Used it last night for the slurry in my shrimp and it was as good or better than the Harvey’s.

1 Like

We’ve met a seriously (as in serious) BIG Gallo executive, who often proudly trods with dirt in boots. At the end of the day, though farmers, vintners, and marketers, Gallo is a real estate business. The real estate is store shelf space. E&J products are ways to populate each product column’s address with an E&J label.

i always found ir way too sweet. but, my late mother loved it. she used to add a shot to her chopped chicken liver, which was excellent!

I find it warming, and loved a shot of it when I got home from work after a 40-minute bus ride in the middle of a cold Canadian winter. Darn! Retirement sucks! I can no longer do that.

I’m in the amontillado camp myself, chilled. As an aperitif. I have had Manzanilla with a meal. Cream sherry, if I had any, I’d have after a meal.

1 Like