Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA tips?

Don’t mean to derail but more info that this coronavirus panic is having an impact as reported by WBUR today. Hope they all weather through ok.

https://www.wbur.org/bostonomix/2020/02/07/new-coronavirus-slows-chinatown-business

2 Likes

huh, I went to Chilli Garden on Wednesday night and it seemed pretty slow in there too. Just two tables full.

Maybe I’ll do what I can to help counteract this. I see Chinese food in my future…

3 Likes

We really enjoy Chilli Garden, although a lot of the good stuff is too hot for us.

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll do what I can to help counteract this. I see Chinese food in my future…

Me too. I was in Sichuan Cuisine a week ago and it seemed super-slow for a Saturday evening. We were the last folks eating in when they started cleaning up more than half an hour before closing. Coincidentally we were talking about coronavirus and wondering if we’d see a repeat of the SARS Chinese restaurant scare. Sadly, signs point to “yes.”

I think splitting off the recs for GBA Chinese restaurants to support would make an excellent new topic as well as provide an overview for what’s good in the area now; could someone set that up?

6 Likes

not too hot for us, and we live not far away. So, Chilli Garden soon!

1 Like

Just make sure to stay on the Sichuan side of the menu. The other side is not well thought of.

1 Like

oh yes, we would only order from the Sichuan side. We were there about 2 pm on Sunday…at first we thought they weren’t open because the window neon light wasn’t on. We were the only people eating…we ordered old favorites appetizers Sichuan style cold noodle, wonton with chile sauce and vinegar, and the cilantro green pepper salad (hot green peppers, not green bell peppers). All very good as we remembered from a few years ago. We forgot to specify “the real thing, we’ve had them before and we want the real spice” but I think we got the real stuff anyway. We will go back and were also glad to hear they deliver to Somerville now after 5 pm…but still don’t deliver to Cambridge.

4 Likes

Is there a way to see the Sichuan side on an online menu? I forsee delivery in our future but the menu I’m finding online appears to be the side @bcc notes is not well thought of.

1 Like

The online menu includes the Sichuan menu.
https://www.chilligardenmedford.com/menu.aspx
Everything we ordered was from the Sichuan style appetizer section.
The “other side” is the All Day menu.

1 Like