Grocery Outlet has ruined my life!

Aren’t just about any crackers fancier than saltines?
At least that’s a wide berth to maneuver.

2 Likes

Should I have set Cheez it’s or Wheat Thins instead? :sweat_smile:
I’m thinking anything the “grown ups” put out with cheese and fruit. I always find lovely crackers for pate there.

There is no substitute for saltines when making chocolate toffee bark though.

2 Likes

Their $2 pints of ice cream have ruined my efforts to lose a few inches this summer :yum:

3 Likes

Do realize that a few tablespoons of premium ice cream, like you are sourcing at GO, are much more satisfying than a pint of inferior stuff. You are actually thousands of calories ahead now!

5 Likes

That is a dangerous section.!
:smiley:

Conversation: “Why is the freezer so crowded?” “It’s the ice cream you buy every time we go to GO!”

1 Like

I’ll have to look into this ‘few tablespoons’ concept :thinking:

But seriously, one of the little games I play with myself is to not buy junk food like chips or ice cream unless it’s on sale. Like saving a dollar justifies the empty calories? Where I usually shop, most pints are above $5, so a good sale is below $4. $1.99/pint is practically free!*

Oh, and I also have ice cream at work that I made and have been running quality control on, so I really, really don’t need more. But the Loco 4 Coco jumped into my basket because I’m weak and love coconut. I’ve only just discovered GO and it’s already love/hate :joy:

*I was selling my ice cream at our community Artwalk on Saturday and a guy tipped $2 because “what can you do with $2?” Buy even more ice cream!!!

3 Likes

“Few tablespoons describes” the amount of jimmies (or sprinkles, for you non-New Englanders) I sprinkle on my whole pint of ice-cream that I eat in a sitting.

2 Likes

In the interest of healthy life choices I skipped Ben & Jerry and got Chloe’s tangerine pops, box of 4 for $2.50. Refreshing with a hint of bitterness.

Also Jackfruit Company curried jackfruit, $2.99. Spicier than I was expecting (which is good) and the jackfruit does have a hearty, satisfying texture.

Sad to report that Ocean State Job Lot in Shrewsbury NJ has closed. (They were doing well but lost their lease.) The closest to me now is probably Franklin Park. :cry:

The Seattle store south of Downtown is about to close, most convenient but also sketchiest location.