Green Gulch Farm Zen Center, Muir Beach - $15 All-U-Can-Eat Veggie lunch Sundays open to the Public

Did a hike starting at Muir Beach, up and around the ridge and then we headed back down to where the Green Gulch Farm Zen Center is. Seems the public can have lunch there on Sundays without staying or learning there.

We had lunch on Mother’s Day Sun 5/14/17 around 12:15pm, You pay the cashier that’s near the door $15 and it’s All-You-Can-Eat vegetarian soup, salad, and homemade bread. Luckily I beat the crowd by a few minutes because the line was long after I got my food.

The soup we all had that day was Tuscan white bean soup - very filling. Salad was fresh tasting and very light maybe oil dressing. Bread was the best, nice a warm and homemade, butter available on the side table, sesame available for all to add to salad or soup.

FREE tea or water too off on the right side.

You need to bus your own table, bring dirty dishes to the kitchen. They compost the leftover food.

Bathrooms - In another building that’s a little bit further away straight ahead on the Left.

There was an Annual Plant Sale this Mother’s Day. I’ll have to check if it’s every Mother’s Day. They had kale, chard little plants to grow yourself, bunch of lemon verbena I should have bought so I could make my own lemon verbena tea. Next time for sure.

We hiked back to the Muir Beach parking lot through the gardens they have, past a gate, follow the trail down.

Added from website: “Farm produce, fresh-baked bread, and garden delicacies are available at Green Gulch Farm outside the zendo on Sundays following the morning lecture, from around 11:00 am to noon, April through November.”

http://sfzc.org/

3 Likes

This is a very interesting find! Thanks for sharing!

I am curious. Since this is a practicing Buddhist center, do they skip onion and garlic in the Tuscan bean soup like what was discussed here about Veggie Lee?

Wow, thanks!

How long does it take to hike there from Muir beach?

Not sure, I don’t like onions and didn’t taste any, and didn’t taste any garlic which I love.

You can drive to Green Gulch Farm Zen Center, 1601 Shoreline Hwy, Muir Beach if you can’t hike, and Google Maps says from Muir Beach to GGFZC it’s 1.6 miles.

1 Like