Greek Taverna of Lincroft , (Formally Stamna of Lincroft) New Jersey......................

Just had a fat dad (sub with gyro meat, cheese steak and fries) at a Rutgers grease truck… it was pretty awesome.

All joking aside, which “other” place is this? It looks very similar, although not identical to the mixed grill for two I had at Apella.

Yes, I was trying to be PC here since this is a thread about Stamna.

Stamna mixed grill is $ 28, Apella is like $ 40, so there is a big price difference. Chikn is chepr.

That looks like half a friggin lamb on that one plate.

I don’t know, if I’m going out to a sit down place for dinner, $12 isn’t going to matter to me. (Not even counting whatever they charged me for pita and tzatziki). I’d rather just enjoy the meal and take a bunch home at that point.

Well $12, however you said the pita and tzatziki (however you spell that) was additional charge, how much $4/$5? So the difference was probably closer to $7-$8…which I think was more than justified by the larger serving size. They also gave me an extra sauce and about 3 bottles of tap water!!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the complimentary high colonic afterwards…

That had to be at least a $ 600 value.

2 Likes

Check this out;

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/bfd/5768054049.html

Anyone know this place? It looks like the plaza on Ocean Ave where Amy’s Omelette place is located, I’m not familiar with the Greek Restaurant though. Any of you malaka’s interested?

It’s Nikos Trapezi.

I have not been in a couple of years, but they used to be good. They had a whole grilled snapper with lemon and EVO that was really good.

That place is sort of the “standard” in the area for Greek. They were quite popular and we’ve had a few threads about them on Chow. In my limited Greek experienceI would say they are pretty much on par with Apella and it’s really a matter of personal preference between the two. I don’t think they have a mixed grill for 2 though!

Interesting…the things you will find on craiglist!! It’s for more than hookers!! lol I wonder if the recent surge in Greek restaurants in the greater Monmouth County area has impacted them?

1 Like

The only Greek restaurant we’ve been to in NJ that had horrible food was the Holmdel location of It’s Greek to Me. The appetizer we ordered was so vile, we cancelled our main course order and left. All the other Greek restaurants we’ve tried have been, in my opinion, pretty much on a par with one another. That is to say, pretty good overall.

3 Likes

Its been a month or two since I’ve been to It’s Greek to Me in Holmdel. IMO, they used to be a lot better, and it may just be me, but it seems like their protein portions have been getting smaller, and their prices getting higher over the years. I still like the waiters there, and I love their Meltizanosalata appetizer, but with the recent surge, their appeal is declining IMO.

Whoa I didn’t even realize what you linked to. So that place is for sale? I think the HOs should buy it!

Oh sure…we’d run a great business while the entire staff is in a food coma…

2 Likes

We could charge people to come in and watch us be in a food coma :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Plus one on IG2Me. The food is not fresh and not good.

I also am not a big fan of the Gyros Mexicanas at Greek Sheets on Newman Springs Road, where they pull stuff out of bins under the counter, but since others here love them I will hold my peace.

Anybody here actually worked in a restaurant?

Just curious.

That guy with the funny looking glasses used to own a steakhouse.