Greece help needed: Athens, Naxos, Santorini

The view from Fira over the caldera.

If the link to the video works…

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhh

Gorgeous. We supposedly have our own little balcony/patio area with a view over the caldera. Excited about that.

So we have booked all 3 dinners in Athens - the 68 place, Linou Soumpasis k sia (can’t find a menu, but the reviews I read made me want to go), and GB roof garden. This last is iffy - it’s late on our first night, but has an amazing view and isn’t far from us. Just not sure I’ll want to stay up that late for a view. Lulu is excited about it though, and this trip is her graduation present, so it might stick.

No breakfasts needed in Athens. Our hotel is located over (and associated with) a bakery, and I guess we get fresh baked goods each morning. Incredible if true.

Again, thanks everyone! Very grateful for all the help.

3 Likes

The Grand Britannia is an absolutely beautiful hotel from the outside. I wish I had visited inside. I think it’s worth staying up late to do a rooftop dinner.

I had dinner at a rooftop with relatives in 1996. I don’t remember where it was now. It was an impressive view.

Enjoy your trip.

2 Likes

Thanks Phoenikia. That helps me feel stronger about this reservation. I’m sure Lulu will especially thank you!

2 Likes

It’s almost magical, at least for me.

I also have a memory of swimming in a rooftop pool, same trip.

That was my university graduation trip. My parents, my aunt and I visited Greece (Athens, the Classical Tour which is a tourist bus loop that visits Delphi, Napflion, Olympia, Kalamata, Meteora, a few days in Lesvos, a day cruise to Poros and Aegina.) , Turkey (Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia) , Austria (Vienna, Salzburg ) and Germany (Munich, Nurnberg ,Neubrandenberg, Berlin) that summer. :slight_smile:

I had hoped to visit Greece in the summer of 2020, but obviously that didn’t happen. I was lucky to visit in 1979, 1996, 2004 (arriving the week before the Olympics began) and 2007.

2 Likes