Gluten free dining in the Boston Area

I’m a flour tortilla not person, but in any case these are like a thin soft pita (like their favorite lebanese place serves), not the flour tortilla one associates with quesadillas. (But also, they don’t want to eat a corn tortilla with hummus :joy:)

1 Like

For the record, Fritos and hummus go together surprisingly well…

6 Likes

We had an excellent dinner last night at Sugar & Spice Thai, which is on Mass Ave right at Porter. The outdoor seating is lovely- draped in flowerboxes, and service was very good. The menu clearly indicates GF items, as well as vegan, and which dishes can be made gluten free. Most thai restaurants have good options, but don’t exactly go out of their way to help you find them, so this was impressive. Also, the food was really good, as were the drinks. We’d had a meh experience here maybe a dozen years ago (possibly bad ordering on our part?) and just never circled back, despite the prevailing sentiment being that it’s a good and authentic Thai option, and I’m so glad we finally did make it back. It will go in our regular rotation for sure!

7 Likes

Show me something Fritos don’t go well with… :rofl:

2 Likes

a friend with celiac disease got the BEST pita from Costco! You couldn’t tell it was GF at all.

1 Like

Costco and BJ’s have a ton of GF products… a few months ago I got this haul at Costco, all winners.

Our experience, too, and your report has put it back on “the list”. Thanks.

1 Like

It was SO good, with different regions listed out on the menu, creative options and plating, excellent service and completely reasonable prices that we did a double take. The experience was so different from what we remember that we were wondering if there was a change of ownership at some point in the past.

Looked at the menu just now and it does have interesting things on it.