Funeral Repast - Newton or Sharon

Bakers Best is very good, and would be very appropriate for a Jewish funeral. They are in Needham now (used to have a storefront in Newton Highlands for many years), and have some kind of facility there but I’m not sure how big.

2 Likes

Thank you again for all your suggestions. My aunt passed away peacefully on 11/18. We ended up have the Shiva meal at my sister’s house in Arlington. When we started our planning, she could not commit to having it as her H is undergoing cancer treatment and didn’t know how he’d feel on any given day. It turns out he has responded better than expected and so she was ok with having company (though he left to limit exposure).

We had the meal catered by Barry’s Village Deli in Newton. It was one of her favorites and they did a lovely job.

Some of the places mentioned looked good so I’m keeping the list for another time.

16 Likes

Thanks for the update! Sounds perfect on so many levels.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I knew I felt good karma in the air on 11/18 (I am an Arlingtonian). I’m glad your aunt had peace-filled final days.

2 Likes

My condolences to you and your family and your aunt’s friends. Sounds like it was a very nice way to honor her by having Barry’s Deli do the food for the gathering.

2 Likes

Thank you. She lived a good life and it was nice to be able to celebrate that.

3 Likes

What a small world. I wonder if you and my sister have ever crossed paths.

It was. Thank you

2 Likes