Fridge Life of Sparkling White Zin

This reminds me of a Thanksgiving a few years ago when my mother invited a distant cousin at the last minute. Cousin isn’t a wine drinker and was pressed for time so brought a huge, room temperature bottle of Barefoot Pink Moscato (not realizing that she was coming to a house full of wine snobs thanks to my brother’s job in the industry). My mother was about to bite the bullet and serve it out of sheer politeness - luckily, I realized it was room temp and was able to get out of drinking it by declaring that we should chill it first, as it would be “so much better served cold.” It stayed in my parents’ unheated garage until the summer, when my mother re-discovered it and made sangria out of it. Luckily cousin enjoyed the wines on offer! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great use for a gifted bottle like that & I’m sure it paired well with summer fruits. Probably looked pretty too. Spiked with a little vodka or gin, it could lend a little body and punch (haha) to the libation even!

I offered it to a young guest once, thinking she was probably still a sweet drinks fan, but even she wasn’t having it. Sangria’s a possibility.