Food for Diabetics/ please no vegetables

I eat mostly plain (unsweetened) yogurt. Plain Greek Yogurt has a good nutrition profile but the taste and texture (IMO) are like caulk, so I don’t eat it plain.
But it makes a very good base for raita, tzatziki, and especially shrikhand as most of the whey is drained out and it’s quick to drain out whatever remains and jump start the shrikhand.

1 Like

As I don’t know raita or shrikhand I will still with what I know
It’s almost lunch time & just got back from my workout, anyone want an air fried pork chop
Maybe some brown rice
Mangia my friends

2 Likes

You do you, friend, in good health.

I was responding to @Gourmanda’s comment about Greek Yogurt, how I dislike it as-is, but it forms the base for dishes I do love. I rarely eat shrikhand because it is sweet but am a regular with raita.

Greek yogurt has less lactose (a form of sugar) than regular yogurt so it’s preferable for me even though I am not lactose intolerant.

1 Like

I love it, but I love tzatziki. And if I feel like a light morning snack, I’ll have some 5% Fage with a lil pineapple or blueberries or both - don’t even add honey, although I love Greek yogurt with honey & toasted walnuts for a simple summer dessert :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This was ‘tongue in cheek?’

How so? I read it 100% straight.

4 Likes

This site desperately needs a laugh react.

4 Likes

I’m out of here I’m done thanks most of you guys for your help
Appreciate your time and energy

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

I don’t take people’s dislikes of foods personal. I love eggplant, it’s a favorite vegetable of mine, and I love many many vegetables.

The OP does not, which is perfectly fine for them. Calling another poster ridiculous for a bit of hyperbole is neither “positive” nor in the spirit of this board. A little levity goes a long way.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

Time for some relaxing food pictures to lower the temperature around here.

Cheers everyone. :champagne:

4 Likes

Do you have any local vendors or farmers markets near you? In season, I rely on those and on my middling garden for produce. I share your concerns about supply chain and food handling, although for me personally, I’m more concerned about meat handling than veg. If you have a good source, it doesn’t require cooking although you can. Wash and chop is enough to get some sustenance.

3 Likes

Chicken pizza credit goes to my niece who had gestational diabetes, VERY carefully managed with her care team so she would not require shots.

1 Like

“ketogenic diet” vs “diabetes management” diet for a 71 year old runner who needs to retain (not lose) weight will likely be quite different in carb-counts. 50 gm carb = about 3 “carb units” per day (in your case) vs per meal (diabetes management, as conveyed to/by family members).

Maybe, maybe not. Low carb regimes are not just about weight loss. Also, some doctors use a much stricter approach to dietary control in order to avoid medications (my father’s doctor is one such).

1 Like

Bacon!

4 Likes

Ain’t that the perfect answer to any question? :wink:

1 Like

Huh? I’ll chalk this up to “at least the poster knew what he/she was talking about”.