Flow Chart for Re-doing a Kitchen

Husband says we didn’t get Travertine.

Yes!!! I don’t care if people thing my pots and pans being out in the open looks bad. I want easy access. Everyone I know keeps the things they use every day in cabinets and hard to reach areas.

3 Likes

Agree totally. As well, there are a lot of small DYI type projects to make your space more efficient, and easier on the cook(s). Thinking about pull out shelves for existing cabinets and the like @bmorecupcake.

2 Likes

My parents just built a house and used this LVP. Not a fan. A year in and a lot of gaps in the planks. I can tell it’s not real wood. It easily pops up.

It is more forgiving on drops though.

I’ll personally never use it after seeing it after a year of use.

I will admit bias though. I often hate synthetic invitations of any natural material (wood paneling or fake stone). Also seen synthetic materials meant to imitate water or ice. No thanks.

2 Likes

No young ones in your life to help with the heavy lifting?

1 Like

Just remember that your DYI project may well be my “have to hire a contractor” job. This includes installing pull-out shelves in existing cabinets.

@eleeper, yes, I certainly do understand that.

I’ve done those, and more difficult fixed them. Not for the faint of heart. You have to level them front to back and side to side and top to bottom. Major effort.

I know there are potential covid issues and so on, but when you can afford to fix up the kitchen, you can probably also afford to hire a couple of kids to move your things, and to come back later and help you put everything in its new places. There are two reasons to not change cabinets: not enough money, or already having good cabinets. And since you’d find it disruptive already now, you really won’t like it after waiting another 10 years or whatever.

If you look again and say “Really these cabinets are already the ones we want, there’s no good reason to change them”, then that’s good news. But not just because of having to move the items.